Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
Who we are
We are not your average insurance company; in fact, we strive to be different. You will not find strict dress codes, jargon-filled documents, or unrealistic targets here. What you will find is a welcoming culture, a clear vision and teams of passionate people doing their best for our customers.
LV= GI is a large, multi-award-winning general insurance company, with nearly 7 million customers and aspirations for future growth. Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
We’re looking for 2 Regional / Field Based Motor Engineer to join our Claims Engineer team, One will be covering Birmingham, Coventry and the surrounding areas and the other covering Essex, Hertfordshire and the surrounding areas
The position will be home/field-based working with a wider team of Engineers, you’ll be out in the field inspecting and assessing the extent of vehicle damage and deciding whether the vehicle can be repaired.
Upon conducting your initial assessment and decision, which will involve talking to our customers directly or over the telephone, you’ll estimate the damage and cost of repairs. You’ll negotiate, agree and authorise to repairers to have our customer’s or third party’s vehicle repaired, using the correct repair methods and in the most safe and cost effective manner. Alternatively, if the vehicle is not repairable, you’ll estimate the value of the vehicle and create a valuation report, which you’ll then discuss directly with the customer to agree a mutual settlement.
Bringing an impressive mechanical and vehicle repair knowledge with you, you’ll also be a key point of contact and technical support for LV= claims colleagues
You’ll have previous vehicle claims experience, come from a motor trade, body repair or insurance engineer background and ideally have experience of using a claims solution system such as; Audatex and when it comes to engineering and vehicle knowledge, you take some beating. You pride yourself on keeping your finger firmly on the engineering practices pulse.
Ideally, you’ll have a recognised Motor Vehicle qualification such as; IMI Accreditation Vehicle Damage Assessor (VDA), Automotive Technician Accreditation (ATA), City & Guilds Motor Vehicle Craft (Parts 1 & 2) or equivalent and be a full member of the Institute of Automotive Engineering Assessors (IAEA). And if not, then perhaps you’re working towards this.
You’re PC literate, confident in creating reports and communicating with customers and network repairs face to face and over the telephone. You have a strong customer service and commercial awareness skills; able to estimate and negotiate costs and influence third parties in order to achieve the right outcome for a customer.
- Assess vehicle damage and image estimates in order to recommend settlement on a repair or total loss basis
- Agree repair methods and costs with repairers to ensure incident related damage is repaired to the highest standard, within a reasonable cost
- Determine vehicle valuations from industry reference guides, researching valuations where necessary in order to ensure that a fair and reasonable market value is offered
- Apply salvage categories in accordance with the salvage code of practice
- Act as a referral point in providing technical support and assistance to the Claims department
- Ensure own competency by keeping up to date with current engineering practices and procedures to maintain technical knowledge and skills
- Ensure all internal, regulatory and statutory standards and controls, are adhered to and that current engineering practices and procedures are applied
- Investigate and resolve customer complains in accordance with department and company procedures
- Collate MI and workflow reports to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and to assist in the implementation of change initiatives
What we can offer you
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider LV=GI Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- 24 days' holiday
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- ElectriX EV salary sacrifice scheme
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
We are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
- We secure your future
- Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of LV= GI. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At LV= GI, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. LV=GI is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.