Construction Execution Specialist
Location: Greater London, Reading
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind the cloud. CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high-energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
The Construction Execution Management Group oversees the planning, compliance and progress of the General Contractor’s project planned vs actual activities. Inclusive in this is oversight of governance and compliance to improve Data Center Construction predictability across our global build portfolio. We utilize tools such as Master Schedules, Risk Framework, Quality Checklists and Schedule Health Scorecards, and are hands-on with the PMs in the field, and with the General Contractor with our tools and analysis. This results in Schedule Predictability driving overall delivery efficiencies.
The Construction Execution Specialist will support their regional data center build teams. You will support project level execution performance, analytics and training. You will be responsible for management and analysis of construction project execution using milestones at the project and program level. This includes working closely with our General Contractors and DCD PM’s, collecting and analyzing performance data and reporting to management on issues, risks and opportunities found in the construction execution of our projects. Likewise, you will be involved in developing & driving processes, maintaining reporting and driving project deliverables according to a set cadence and rhythm of business. Our goal is to improve project execution by training of best practices, validating project progress, data analysis and clean up, and supporting the overarching execution processes, development and standardization.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Planning and Delivery
- Support the Regional DCD Build Teams with the formulation, implementation and ongoing development of execution processes and procedures.
- Provide planning and execution management support to DCD PMs, stakeholder and project teams and with Redmond-based hub.
- Support DCD PM and stakeholder teams in developing and executing realistic schedule baselines.
- Support Regional Schedule Lead and PM teams in improving schedule accuracy and GC’S compliance / performance on our projects.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Production of monthly execution reports that monitor, control and measure execution performance against project baselines and contractual milestones as per set cadence and ROB.
- Perform execution impact analysis and variance reporting of project scheduled activities.
- Production of milestone tracking and look-ahead reports to support PM teams effectively achieve project milestones.
- Carry out trend analysis of execution performance including collation and sharing of best practices/lessons learned
- Support improvements to execution processes and procedures, GC’S performance and reporting
- Support required data and process for Risk Assessments.
- Proven experience of Fast Track Mission Critical Design Build Execution & Planning evaluating construction project execution plan and schedules from a GC’S or owner’s perspective
- Ability to travel to construction sites when necessary to assist in coaching/training construction PMs and GC’S on appropriate execution techniques
- Familiarity with Risk Schedule Analysis
- Ability to analyze construction schedule data and provide deep insights into trends, issues, mitigations concerning project execution
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge of Mission Critical “FAST TRACK” Design Build Execution & Planning
- Strong familiarity and experience in Mission Critical Design Build Execution & Planning methodology
- Ability to present data from a detailed to high-level depending on audience
- Expert in delay claim, time impact analysis and CTD schedules
- Experience with Data Center construction programs
These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.