Account Executive - Retail
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
An exciting opportunity has become available as an Account Executive (AE) to be responsible for the strategic relationship between Microsoft and UK Retail customer base. The role will look to maximise the value of their Microsoft investments so they can empower their people, engage their customers, maximise operations and provide actionable business insight through the power of the Cloud.
The Account Executive plays a pivotal role in customer transformation through strong partnership. This is an executive role that has evolved beyond selling products and services. Our modern Account Executive is a trusted advisor who leads with societal purpose and business outcomes in mind. This approach enables true strategic partnerships that are sustainable, and deliver positive impact to both organisations.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Can see the ‘big picture,’ and are able to comfortably engage the C-Suite on their business goals.
- Have a passion for working in technology-led business transformation
- Have a strong knowledge of the Retail industry, it’s trends, challenges and opportunities.
- Have a desire to work on genuine industry breakthrough innovation
- Get energy from collaborating internally and externally on co-sell, co-brand, co-market and co-innovate opportunities.
- Can articulate complex problems and solutions with clarity.
- Have experience of working with a globally distributed customer and colleague base, with an engagement style that seeks to understand and embrace geographical and cultural differences.
- Have a strong reputation for sales excellence and accountability.
- Embrace diversity and inclusivity in all that you do, and create environments for others to be successful.
- Advocate growth mindset, turning challenges into opportunities.
Business Relationship Owner: You will be responsible for defining the strategic vision, and leading the transformation with the customer’s CxO level Technology, Digital and Business Decision Makers. This requires leadership skills, leading with empathy and understanding, and the ability to challenge conventional thinking.
Team Mobiliser and Orchestrator: You will have a large Microsoft and Partner eco-system to call upon to meet your customer’s goals. You will be a proven leader, who creates clarity for team members both individually and as a collective, with a balance of empowerment and support for them to be successful, with opportunities to co-sell, co-brand, co-market and co-innovate.
Sales Leader and Operational Excellence: You will achieve results by understanding digital transformation drivers and customer priorities, identifying new opportunities and helping customers accelerate their digital growth for their own benefit, as well as their customers and stakeholders. You will demonstrate Operational Excellence through delivering consistent, repeatable achievement of revenue and consumption targets.
Sales Challenger: In an always learning culture you will continuously build your industry and technical knowledge, bringing innovative solutions, benchmarks and references to C-level executives that drive greater efficiencies, optimisation and increase customer satisfaction.
Strong Communicator:You will be able to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical, and impactful manner.
Strategic Thinker: You will always consider the ‘bigger picture’ for your customers, with the ability to quickly absorb information, and be conceptual and creative in problem-solving excellence.
Inclusive Leader:With strong interpersonal skills you will create an inclusive culture within your team that embraces diversity and reflects our mission to empower every person and organisation on the planet to achieve more. You will have the ability to easily establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication with your customer and your team.
Common attributes we typically look for can include:
- Track record of successfully engaging CxO and delivering impactful change for their business
- Strong experience making recommendations to and/or collaborating with mid-to-senior level executives.
- Extensive experience in Enterprise Sales, Business Consulting or Consultative Selling
- Proven expertise in digital transformation roles.
- Retail industry experience beneficial.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. If this opportunity feels interesting to you but you have questions about how you can make a new role work in the context of other commitments then reach out to us, we'd love to talk about the flexible working options we have available. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. We are happy to share how we are investing in our employees to help promote this diverse workforce. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.