Account Technology Strategist - Professional Services
Location: Greater Manchester, Midlothian, Reading
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
An exciting opportunity has become available as an Account Technology Strategist (ATS) with our UK Professional Services client base.Our ATSs use their technical acumen, industry knowledge and commercial understanding to enable our customers to do business in new disruptive ways through the adoption of Microsoft Cloud solutions (including Azure, Modern Workplace and Business Applications), Microsoft Industry Solutions, and our extensive Partner ecosystem. This role provides an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of the client-CTO relationship.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a passion for working in technology-led business transformation.
- Have a strong knowledge of the Professional Services industries (legal, clerical administrative) and future trends, ideally with experience in B2B Sales
- Have a desire to work in genuine industry breakthrough innovation.
- Possess a knowledge of, and passion for, technology trends such as, AI enabled decision support, natural language processing (NLP), legal or administrative process optimisation and automation.
- Can see the ‘big picture,’ and are able to comfortably engage the C-Suite on their business goals, and interpret these into capabilities and outcomes with technology peers.
- Can articulate complex problems and solutions in a clear and logical manner
- Have experience of working with a globally distributed customer and colleague base, with an engagement style that seeks to understand and embrace geographical and cultural differences.
- Embrace diversity and inclusivity in all that you do, and create environments for others to be successful.
- Advocate growth mindset, turning challenges into opportunities.
- Digital Transformation & Innovation Strategy: Understand the customers business goals and industry trends, Microsoft solution areas and partner solutions to build a compelling vision for the impact technology can deliver. Aligned with a multi-year roadmap for delivery of the vision, help them understand the impact of emerging and strategic technologies and inspire and influence them for Microsoft technologies to become the main enabler of business innovation.
- Industry & Business Architecture: Create a long-term strategy which links business, technology, and industry needs of our customers to enable their business and transformation strategy and drive sustainable change.
- Technology Sales: Orchestrate technology sales activities to drive the digital transformation vision and roadmap of our customers with Microsoft technologies. Plan and orchestrate the solution proposal and coordinate technology sales teams to provide the right solution to the customer.
- Account Leadership: Be a Change Agent internally and externally to inspire and ideate innovative technologies to drive business strategy and the priorities of our customers. Own and strengthen the collaborative relationship with C-level technology, innovation, and technology executives. Create an inclusive and supportive environment for your matrix team to be successful, embracing Microsoft’s philosophy of ‘come as you are, do what you love’!
- Orchestration: Ability to manage and lead a diverse virtual matrix of teams across all areas of Microsoft.
Common attributes we typically look for can include:
- Expertise in digital transformation roles
- Technical sales experience
- Strong technical foundation, well versed in coaching a customer through an envisioning conversation
- Professional Services business or technology experience
- Get energy from working with customers (not just working on customer problems) and be curious
- Ability to work with senior Business and Technical Decision Makers to define clear outcomes for success and understand business processes
- Preferred background in delivering large scale cloud transformation programs across a multi-geo customer
- Change Leadership Skills - Fully achieving the business impact customers demand requires the sustained usage of our solutions and cloud services. This can only be achieved by helping the customer fully integrate our cloud services into the workflows and processes of their business
- Experience working in a global team (there may be a need for global travel as part of this role)
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. If this opportunity feels interesting to you but you have questions about how you can make a new role work in the context of other commitments then reach out to us, we'd love to talk about the flexible working options we have available. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. We are happy to share how we are investing in our employees to help promote this diverse workforce. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.