Cloud Solution Architecture (CSA), Azure Core (Infrastructure)
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Opportunities available: CSA | Senior | Early In Career
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture iscenteredon embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power ofMicrosoftCloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit:https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship between the customer and Microsoft Azure Infrastructure. You will own the Cloud Infrastructure technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots.
We are lookingfora great problem solver, who loves working with technology and customers.If you are looking to develop your Azure skills, we would love to teach you, so you can be successful in this role.
- Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions).
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.).
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Become the customerstrustedadvisor.Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Be thevoice of thecustomer;share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers.
- Partner with customer account team and sales teamto support technical components ofproposed solutions.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
Professional Experience–Proven success intechnology sector with eithertechnicalsales, projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support.
Relationship Building - Proven track record of building deep technical relationships withpeople, experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
Problem Solving.Passion and ability to solvetechnicalproblems.
Collaboration and Communication -Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
Experience in one or more of the followinghighly desirable:
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Technology Solutions
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Open Source
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.