Global Account Director - Financial Services
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We have an exciting opportunity to become the Client Director responsible for the strategic relationship between Microsoft and one of the world’s largest banks. This role will look to maximise value of the customers Microsoft investments so they can empower their people, engage their customers, maximise operations and provide tangible business outcomes through connected cloud solutions.
This is a leadership role that has evolved beyond selling products and services, to become a pivotal advisor and influencer to the customers transformation through strong partnerships. Our modern Client Director is a trusted advisor who leads with social purpose and business outcomes in mind. This approach enables true strategic partnerships that are sustainable and deliver positive impact to both organisations.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Can see the ‘big picture,’ and are able to comfortably engage the C-Suite on their business goals
- Have a passion for working in technology-led business transformation
- Have a strong knowledge of the Banking industry and future industry trends
- Have a desire to work in genuinely industry breakthrough innovation
- Can articulate complex problems and solutions with clarity
- Have experience of working with a globally distributed customer and colleague base, with an engagement style that seeks to understand and embrace geographical and cultural differences
- Have a strong reputation for sales leadership, accountability and excellence
- Embrace diversity and inclusivity in all that you do, and create environments for others to be successful
- Advocate growth mindset, turning challenges into opportunities
Business Relationship Owner: You will be responsible for defining the strategic vision and leading transformation with the customer’s CxO level Technology, Digital and Business Decision Makers. This requires leadership skills, leading with empathy and understanding, and the ability to challenge conventional thinking.
Team Mobiliser and Orchestrator: You will have a large Microsoft and Partner eco-system to call upon to meet your customer’s goals. You will be a proven leader, who creates clarity for team members both individually and as a collective, with a balance of empowerment and support for them to be successful.
Sales Leader and Operational Excellence: You will achieve results by understanding digital transformation drivers and customer priorities, identifying new opportunities, and helping your customer accelerate their move to the digital age for their own benefit as well as their customers and stakeholders. You will demonstrate Operational Excellence through delivering consistent, repeatable achievement of revenue and consumption targets.
Sales Challenger: In an always learning culture you will continuously build your industry and technical knowledge, bringing innovative industry solutions, benchmarks and references to C-level executives that drive greater efficiencies, optimization and increase customer satisfaction.
Strong Communicator:You will be able to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical, and impactful manner.
Strategic Thinker: You will always consider the ‘bigger picture’ for your customers, with the ability to quickly absorb information, and be conceptual and creative in problem-solving excellence.
Inclusive Leader:With strong interpersonal skills you will create an inclusive culture within your team that embraces diversity and reflects our mission to empower every person and organisation on the planet to achieve more. You will have the ability to easily establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication with your customer and your team.
Common attributes we typically look for can include:
- Track record of successfully engaging CxO and delivering impactful change for their business
- Strong experience making recommendations to and/or collaborating with senior level executives.
- Extensive experience in Enterprise Sales, Business Consulting or Consultative Selling
- Proven expertise in digital transformation roles
- Financial Services knowledge is highly preferable
- Experience working in a global team (there will be a need for global travel as part of this role)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.