Account Technology Strategist - Energy & Utilities
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
An exciting opportunity has become available as an Account Technology Strategist (ATS) with our UK Energy & Utilities client base. Our ATSs use their technical acumen, industry knowledge and commercial understanding to enable our customers to do business in new disruptive ways through the adoption of Microsoft Cloud solutions (including Azure, Modern Workplace and Business Applications), Microsoft Industry Solutions, and our extensive Partner ecosystem. This role provides an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of the client-CTO relationship.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a passion for working in technology-led business transformation
- Have a strong knowledge of the energy & utilities sector, future trends and ideally with experience in B2B Sales
- Have a desire to work on genuine industry breakthrough innovation
- Possess a knowledge of, and passion for, technology trends in energy & utilities such as, renewable energy integration to the grid, digital twins for supply and demand management, and the role digital technology can play in achieving net-zero targets
- Can see the ‘big picture,’ and are able to comfortably engage the C-Suite on their business goals, and interpret these into capabilities and outcomes with technology peers
- Can articulate complex problems and solutions in a clear and logical manner
- Have experience of working with a globally distributed customer and colleague base, with an engagement style that seeks to understand and embrace geographical and cultural differences
- Embrace diversity and inclusivity in all that you do, and create environments for others to be successful
- Advocate growth mindset, turning challenges into opportunities
Key areas of responsibility:
- Digital Transformation & Innovation Strategy: Understand the customers business goals and industry trends, Microsoft solution areas and partner solutions to build a compelling vision for the impact technology can deliver. Aligned with a multi-year roadmap for delivery of the vision, help them understand the impact of emerging and strategic technologies and inspire and influence them for Microsoft technologies to become the main enabler of business innovation
- Industry & Business Architecture: Create a long-term strategy which links business, technology, and industry needs of our customers to enable their business and transformation strategy and drive sustainable change
- Technology Sales: Orchestrate technology sales activities to drive the digital transformation vision and roadmap of our customers with Microsoft technologies. Plan and orchestrate the solution proposal and coordinate technology sales teams to provide the right solution to the customer
- Account Leadership: Be a Change Agent internally and externally to inspire and ideate innovative technologies to drive business strategy and the priorities of our customers. Own and strengthen the collaborative relationship with C-level technology, innovation, and technology executives. Create an inclusive and supportive environment for your matrix team to be successful, embracing Microsoft’s philosophy of ‘come as you are, do what you love’!
- Orchestration: Ability to manage and lead a diverse virtual matrix of teams across all areas of Microsoft
Common attributes we typically look for can include:
- Expertise in digital transformation roles
- Technical sales experience
- Strong technical foundation, well versed in coaching a customer through an envisioning conversation
- Energy & Utility business or technology experience
- Get energy from working with customers (not just working on customer problems) and be curious
- Ability to work with senior Business and Technical Decision Makers to define clear outcomes for success and understand business processes
- Experience working with Energy & Utility regulator or government bodies
- Preferred background in delivering large scale cloud transformation programs in enterprise sized customers
- Change Leadership Skills - Fully achieving the business impact customers demand requires the sustained usage of our solutions and cloud services. This can only be achieved by helping the customer fully integrate our cloud services into the workflows and processes of their business
- Experience working in a global team (there may be a need for global travel as part of this role)
#ATUPS #ATSFY23H1 #AEFY23H1 #JoinMicrosoftUK
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.