Data & AI Specialist - Public Sector
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
“Our industry does not respect tradition. It only respects innovation.”
Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO, 97% CEO approval rating (Glassdoor)
Come join us on our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging our teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
As a Microsoft Azure Data & AI Specialist aligned to our Public Sector Strategic Accounts, you will play a critical role in transforming their business to be fit for the future. With a focus on business outcomes & innovation you will leverage our world-leading portfolio of intelligent data solutions to drive data strategies and solutions in partnership with our customers. Specific solutions could include; modern data warehousing, analytics, insights, and governance platforms, as well as AI and ML solutions.
You will leverage your knowledge of both the industry and our offerings and will actively advocate products and solutions as a thought leader to deliver positive outcomes for Public Sector. Additionally, you will collaborate with our Account Management, Customer Success, Marketing, Operations, Product and Engineering teams to define strategic goals that impact business metrics including business growth attainment, shorter business cycles, growing market share, logo acquisition, and more. Using our own world class systems and tools, you will create opportunities to drive the adoption of Microsoft Azure solutions, making a real difference, delivering positive impact and creating value for our customers through sustainable innovation.
“I truly believe that each of us must find meaning in our work. The best work happens when you know that it’s not just work, but something that will improve other people’s lives.”
Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO.
- Contribute to our company-wide shared priority to realise our mission to ‘empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more’ by putting the customer at the centre of everything you do & obsess about ‘making a difference’ to them.
- Empower Strategic customers in Public Sector through the unique value of the Microsoft Cloud.
- Engage with our valued customers to understand how Azure can drive transformation & innovation, using the breadth of Microsoft’s world leading Data & AI platform.
- Act as a thought leader to define the Data & AI strategy of your customers & within Public Sector – align this strategy to your customer’s business goals & market opportunity.
- Engage with customers across the breadth of their organisation—building relationships across both technical & business roles and forming true partnerships across your customer’s c-suite.
- Drive industry-defining customer success stories, highlighting business transformation initiatives that positively impact your customer’s business, including sustainability.
- Show a strong desire & be intentional at seeking out the competition and following a compete strategy to win establishing Microsoft further & the customers #1 transformation partner.
- Your role will be focused on driving Azure adoption and growing the Microsoft Data & AI footprint within your Public Sector Strategic customers.
Extensive experience of:
- Identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success
- Experience of Solution sales for Azure Data solutions or similar business applications
- Selling software-as-a-service or cloud-based business applications to enterprise customers
- Deploying a ‘Challenger Sales Mindset’ - Extensively using insight to teach, tailor, take control & use constructive tension to influence the outcome
- Showing ‘excellence in orchestration’ of complex internal & external ecosystems consisting of internal and external resources
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s cloud offerings or Competitors’ related ecosystem
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from Microsoft solutions
- Very strong presentation, white boarding, and negotiating skills
- Technical Knowledge. Possess both business acumen expertise and technology knowledge to connect how customer business issues impact their IT environments
Team Culture & Collaboration
- Exercise your growth mindset by joining one of the leading technology organisations on the planet - taking advantage of Microsoft’s learn it all culture
- Join a company which recognises & embraces the importance of diverse views and the value of working in an inclusive working environment
- We truly embrace hybrid working and will you with the support and technology you require to support your work & home life balance
- On top of these the successful candidate with be able to provide real life experiences of how they would be able to exemplify living the Microsoft culture of - Customer Obsessed, Growth Mindset, D&I, One Microsoft & Make a Difference) and our values – respect, integrity, accountability.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.