Senior Program Manager (Big Data - Spark Solutions)
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to make an impact at the intersection of leading technological trends of our time: big data, deep learning, artificial intelligence, open source, cloud and serverless computing? If yes, then we, the Azure Data team responsible for HDInsight and Synapse Spark customer engineering is looking for you. Azure HDInsight is one of the largest Azure data services that offers popular open-source technologies, such as Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Kafka, HBase, and many others in a form that is easy for customers to use. Azure Synapse Analytics brings together enterprise data warehousing and big data analytics technology into a single platform that enables large scale business intelligence and machine learning solutions.
Big data and advanced analytics is a staple of quantitative intelligence of modern enterprises. Cloud brings to big data cost efficiency of on-demand compute which customers love. Recent advances in ML and Deep Learning frameworks present transformative opportunities for big data practitioners. This space is exploding with customer demand. In this team, you will get the opportunity to make some of the latest innovations from Microsoft and the Open-Source community available to Azure customers.
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Program Manager that shares our passion to help customers build and modernize their analytics platforms on the cloud. To excel in this role, you should possess deep solutions architecture and technical expertise, strong business acumen, and have the ability to clearly communicate at all levels with the customer. You will be a SME on Big Data including Spark and will have hands-on experience working with one of these.
You will work with customers and partners to architect and design the solutions, proof of concepts or pilot projects to make our customers successful. Through these engagements, you will represent the voice of the customer distilling new requirements and issues into improvements for engineering teams. You will also collect patterns and lessons learned from your engagements and turn them into reference architectures, best practices and training for engineering teams and the global Azure Data Services community. You will work with our partners and enable them to help our customers maximize value in their Azure Synapse Analytics Lifecycle.
- Working hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate value and driving success from demo to proof-of-concept to design and implementation.
- Capturing best-practices from engagements, field teams and engineering, and sharing with the worldwide Azure Data Services community via whitepapers, blogs, presentations and training
- Maintaining deep understanding of complementary and competitive technologies and vendors and be able to design and position a more compelling Azure Data Services based solution.
- Collaborating with Product Management and Development teams to continuously improve the product.
- Organize and ensure on-call duties are available for your services.
- Assisting and advising our partner ecosystem to develop robust, high quality solutions for customers.
- Organize trainings and workshops to for partner enablement and training.
- Be a trusted advisor to some of our largest customers and guide them in their Azure Synapse Analytics Lifecycle
- This role might require ~30% travel.
- 4+ years in business strategy, product management or consulting roles with direct customer engagement experience.
- Familiarity with Open Source Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark, Hive, Kafka, HBase etc.).
- Creative and critical thinking about customer and partner programs and product capabilities.
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Excellent in-person presentation skills with executives, IT staff, and end users; able to pivot quickly and adapt messaging to suit a range of audience technical levels and requirements.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to tell concise and to the point stories.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, with an absolute focus on quality of work.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Prior experience driving customer adoption of Big Data related products is desired.
- MBA degree or related field is a plus though not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.