Sales Manager - Retail
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Are you passionate about making a difference? Can you build an effective team? Do you know what it takes to be successful in the fast-moving Retail industry? If you are motivated by growing a business, developing new strategies, and seeing customer and societal impact then this could be the perfect role for you!
The Retail Account Technology team is accountable for leveraging deep industry and technical expertise in Retail, to enable sales teams and partners throughout the UK to deliver relevant, customized, industry solutions and services. Built on a secure, integrated cloud platform, our solutions empower our customers to digitally transform their businesses. It’s no longer just about one simple software solution; it’s about creating a connected, secure, efficient, and scalable digital ecosystem to continue to disrupt, delight and deliver for our amazing Retail customers.
The Retail Sales Manager is a pivotal role, and part of our Retail Consumer Goods Extended Leadership team. You will collaborate across the UK Commercial Businesses and develop a successful growth strategy built on customer experience and impact. You will create and sustain a high performing and diverse team of Account Executives and Account Technology Strategists.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, motivated team collaborator, with a track record of leading business development in customers and with experience in Retail, either working within a retailer or providing services to them. They will work with the account team and technical experts to define a strategy which continues to grow our business, whilst exceeding our customers’ expectations. Effective and inspirational team management will be key to drive success for our people, our customers and our business.
Come and talk to us if you:
- Are passionate about shaping a world class sales organisation in digital technology, obsessed with customer centricity.
- Want to play a pivotal role in how digital technology can enable our customers achieve their economic, societal and sustainability goals.
- Thrive in developing strategic partner relationships for growth and new opportunities.
- Can articulate vision and strategy, inspiring customers, partners and employees at all levels.
- Have a proven record of developing teams of diverse talent and nurturing an organisational culture of wellbeing, learning and trust.
- Attract, retain, and develop talent to enable the team and business to grow.
- Promote diversity, and inclusion in the team and in all aspects of life at Microsoft.
- Inspire and engage a large team/v-team (60 plus).
- Take our customers on a journey of digital transformation and move to the cloud.
- Take ownership for the customer experience.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals set by the business.
- Increase Microsoft’s credibility and depth of engagement in the sector
- Engage and successfully drive partners around relevant solutions.
- Ensure that the customer gets best value from their investments by driving consumption of cloud services.
- Work closely with the Microsoft consulting organization to the benefit of the customer, partners, and Microsoft.
- Recent knowledge and experience of working within the Retail and Consumer Goods industry.
- Track record of performance.
- Proven executive level relationship skills.
- Proven team development skills.
- Experience of complex Retail organization environments.
- The ability to lead through change and create a vision that inspires others to follow
- Experience in selling cloud technologies would be preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.