Specialist Sales - Technology Solutions: Small, Medium & Corporate: Full-Time Opportunities for University Students
Job Type: Full time
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Every year, we welcome thousands of university students from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
We are a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more and when you begin your career with us, we empower you through the Microsoft Aspire Experience. Those hired into the roles listed below are invited to participate in this two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses. Come build community, explore your passions and do your best work at Microsoft with thousands of University graduates from every corner of the world.
- Start date: 01/09/ 2023
- Duration: 24 Months
- Job type: Full time
- Location: Reading
- Work type: Flexible working - You will benefit from up to 50% worksite flexibility, dependent on the needs of the role (50% office / 50% home working)
About the role
Specialist Sales - Technology Solutions: Small, Medium & Corporate (SMC)
The Small, Medium, and Corporate (SMC) team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation and business goals by supporting customers with Microsoft solutions and partners. You will advise our managed and scale customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities using the latest in digital selling technology. You will work with our partners to drive solutions with measurable value, helping customers run their businesses more cost-effectively and efficiently, and giving them a competitive edge in their marketplace.
One of the fastest growing customer segments in the industry, you will help customers realise value from the Microsoft Cloud across customer solution areas like Modern Work, Security, Business Applications, Infrastructure, Data and AI, and Application Innovation. This role will allow you to learn and accelerate your career growth, honing your solution sales and collaboration skills and deepening your cloud expertise.
- Sales Execution: Builds relationships with customers aligned to their industry and collaborates with account and partner team to drive and qualify new opportunities and build pipeline. Identifies customer needs, business and technology readiness. Positions Microsoft solutions in competitive landscape, through research and collaboration utilising industry expertise. Proactively builds external stakeholders' mapping, implements strategies to accelerate the closing of deals and contributes input on strategies to drive and close prioritised opportunities.
- Pipeline management: Develops and manages pipeline for territory and forecasts resource needs.
- Scaling and Collaboration: Applies role orchestration model and navigates the Microsoft organisation to bring the best impact to the customer. Also collaborates with Global Partner Solutions (GPS), identifies new partners, develops joint proposals with partners, and contributes to developing partner strategies.
- Delivers Results Through Teamwork: Drives the execution of projects, partners and collaborates with other teams on related deliverables, and leverages others in relevant work streams.
- Currently pursuing or have completed bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field OR recently graduated.
- Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling
- Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Passion for technology and customer obsessed.
- Fluency in English as well as the local language required.
In SMC, we live digital and embrace flexible working as a core principle of reinventing productivity. You’ll be welcome to work from home, our offices around the country, customer and partner sites, or your favourite coffee shop next to the gym – wherever and however you feel is best for you to get your job done. We are committed to supporting your health and wellness, because we understand that to bring our best selves to work, we need to be looking after ourselves at home.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.