SMB Channel Sales Manager: Business Applications
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Part of GPS (Global Partner Solutions), the Channel Sales role is key to Microsoft's channel management strategy. The prime responsibility is to curate and connect Partners with customers to drive growth in customer acquisition, consumption & usage in assigned territory focusing on telecommunications partners.
The Channel Seller will work with a key group of partners, who are focused on the small and medium sized market, to help them unlock the benefits of digital transformation, through the support and delivery Modern Work solutions.
- Drive sales success in the Business Applications partner ecosystem with assistance from manager and others, to drive larger impact for the customer. Facilitate match-making to drive opportunities for Business Applications solutions, connecting partners to customers and identifying how specific business needs can be met via the Microsoft portfolio. Deliver and integrate partner expertise and Business Applications into sales cycles that grow consumption of Microsoft products.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders (e.g., digital sales, customer segment, business groups, customer program management) to establish quality partner connections and orchestrate processes to set expectations and generate trust. Refers to solution/practice maps or marketing campaigns to support partner strategy. Drives leads and opportunities for co-sell-ready partners with internal teams (e.g., Partner Marketing Advisor [PMA] team) and provides feedback on Solution/Practice map coverage or marketing campaigns. Engages in partner-to-partner collaborations to provide solutions to customers and to scale offerings.
- Collaborates with partner stakeholders to build joint sales plans to lead to mutully beneficial success.
- Manages partner co-selling for Microsoft’s most strategic solution partners to drive joint pipeline and partner consumption of Microsoft products. Connects with Microsoft’s sales and partner communities to bridge and support partner-to-partner engagements as needed - aiming to scale the offering also through co-sell-ready partners. Identifies and lands sales offers, incentives, and surface customer wins for partner sell-with evidence. Supports account teams while navigating within the partner solutions/expertise.
- Develops pipelines with co-sellers. Engages partners and co-sellers proactively to ensure right co-sell prioritization and pipeline coverage to support targets.
- Leverages the voice of partners and customers through direct engagements, field surveys, partner events and surveys, listening systems, and social mechanisms, to identify and alleviate key customer and partner success blockers. Drives attendance to partner events and responses to surveys. Connects resources and programs to support partner co-sell pipeline velocity and alleviate friction points. Shares feedback among build-with teams and executes on corrections of errors in response to feedback.
- Maintains and stays up to date on Microsoft's sales compliance processes. Drives sales with partners in accordance with Microsoft's compliance policies.
- 5+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 2+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Master's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 1+ year(s) of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 8+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 5+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Master's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 3+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.