Planner - Defence
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Planner you will be reporting to the Head of Project Controls, the role will be responsible for developing and maintaining robust control of the capital investment schedule across. This includes providing active support the project and programme team(s) in all planning and reporting activities. This role would suit a collaborative individual with great leadership and communication skills who enjoys multi-tasking, loves a busy working environment and thrives under pressure.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to identify dependencies, co-ordinate project delivery activities and understand their scheduling requirements, deliverables and timescales
- Performing regular progress monitoring activities including identifying critical events, reviewing forecasts with progress to date, and ensuring that remedial action is taken by project owners
- Assisting the project management team with evaluating schedule and budgetary impacts of project updates, if necessary, organising and facilitating workshops.
- Reporting of project key deliverables, critical path analysis and float monitoring, RAID analysis, forecasts budgeting and actuals.
- Actively promoting and supporting the use of our project management tools within the business.
- Location is Bristol (other locations considered, travel to Bristol 1 - 2 days per month)
Required for the position of Planner;
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple, multidisciplinary works is required in a planning capacity
- Must have Security Clearance or ability to gain SC
- Demonstrable experience of leading planning teams of at least 2 - 3 planners is required
- Demonstrable knowledge and practical knowledge of NEC contracts
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of planning for safety critical works, particularly engineering hours, possessions and blockades
Preferred, but not required
- Available within the next month
- Good level of technical understanding
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong planning and organising skills with demonstrated ability to manage in fine detail
- Ability to interface with all relevant levels of client organisation
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence