Consultant, Climate Resilience
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Climate Resilience Consultant in a new Specialist Advisory team, you will deliver significant elements of our climate resilience offering across the wider Advisory and Programme Delivery unit and with clients. You will help develop the team and increase its support base as it grows and innovates to meet increasing client demand across a broad range of activities under the banners of climate adaptation, mitigation, carbon management and sustainability.
About the Unit and the Team
Within APD, 300 Specialist Advisory Services colleagues offer management and land consultancy, project and programme management, risk management, quality and audit, supply chain and procurement, cost intelligence and estimating, infrastructure finance, digital consulting, and health and safety management across all our sectors. The newest addition to our Specialist Advisory Services offer is the Climate Resilience team. This combined specialist advisory approach provided cross-sector brings together different services in a connected offering, drawing on broad best practice and expertise.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Support business development work including identification of opportunities, drafting reviewing, and coordinating bids, leading on areas of specialism.
- Manage your own projects and workstreams, both fee-earning and internal, in specified areas of climate resilience work.
- Lead small teams and participate in cross-business teams delivering high quality reports, analysis, presentations and other products and input for external and internal clients.
- As part of the Climate Resilience team, provide support to APD key account leads in their work embedding climate resilience in ongoing work.
- Engage with programme project and commercial management (PPCM) and other specialist colleagues for example in procurement, risk and cost estimating to identify opportunities to embed climate resilience.
- Support team communications initiatives with the wider business.
- Mentor junior team members and technically assure their work.
- Support thought leadership and development of the wider remit of the Climate Resilience team.
- Support knowledge sharing and skill building across the organisation.
All locations across the UK will be considered.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.