Associate Land Consultant
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
A bit about the team
The Advisory and Programme Delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management. Our transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of rail, highways, land and aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia while supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.
What you will contribute to the team;
Our vision, with your help, is
- to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and
- to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients
Required for the position of Associate Land Consultant:
- Geography Bachelor's degree or in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience working on land information procurement and management for infrastructure schemes
- Demonstrable success in role requiring high degree of multi-tasking and problem-solving on infrastructure schemes
Essential competencies / skills:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Statutory Processes, Land Referencing, Standing Orders and Land & Property Industry
- Experience of managing land referencing teams and delivering a successful Book of Reference for hybrid Bill, TWAO, DCO, CPO schemes
- Excellent communication skills and able to liaise at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated and conscientious and able to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible, enthusiastic and positive approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure
- Confident and capable of working on own initiative
- Full clean UK driving license and a willingness to travel to land referencing locations
Preferred, but not required
- Management and negotiation of access for survey
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence