Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Come and join an award-winning business in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Our Buildings and Cities Unit employs a variety of disciplines, including bridges, building structures, highways, rail, geotechnics, and environment. Our successful and expanding bridges team in our Northern Ireland, Ireland, and Scotland Division are looking for an ambitious bridge engineers to join the team. If you are a Senior-level Bridge Engineer, then this could be the next step in your career.
As an experienced Chartered bridge engineer, you will be involved with:
- Engineering design on new bridge structures
- Guiding design teams throughout all phases of the project, from bidding to completion
- Working on a range of small to large projects which are industry and publicly high profile
- Working within a growing team carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements
- Managing projects
- Responsibility for all aspects of assigned project work
- Working on a range of both road and rail bridge commissions, ranging from inspection and assessment work to feasibility studies and detailed design
- Engineering refurbishment and replacement schemes
- Assisting with business development, bids and proposals
Our team comprises around thirty staff delivering bridges projects from our offices in Scotland and Ireland. We are passionate about our role as engineers in achieving climate resilience, net zero, and positive social outcomes in all the work we do. Due to a strong, long-term project portfolio, including HS2, railway decarbonisation, a strategic partnership with City of Edinburgh Council, active travel and highways, we are seeking highly skilled bridge engineers to expand the team in Scotland and Belfast and collaborate with the wider business to deliver high-profile transport sector projects across the UK and Ireland.
The role will be interesting, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. Get in touch and find out where a career with Mott MacDonald could take you.
We want engineers with the same passion and enthusiasm that we have already in the team. If you have the right attitude and attributes, we want to talk to you. Ideally, you are going to have or be:
- Experienced with a strong personal interest in bridge engineering which will be utilised in a broad range of engineering projects
- Experience of a range of bridge engineering solutions
- CEng, MICE or similar
- Familiar with both DMRB and Network Rail/Translink design standards including Eurocodes
- Rail industry experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience of working in UK bridge engineering and involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control
- Experience working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy
- A strong technical focus
- Strong IT skills
- Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.