Waste and Resource Management Consultant
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
The role is mainly office based (in one of Mott MacDonald's Leeds, Altrincham, Bristol or Southampton offices) and there may be opportunities to be involved in overseas assignments and attend meetings in other offices across the UK and carry out site visits. He/she will be required to contribute to waste projects in a growing international market with an increasing number of sector opportunities. This may involve working independently or as part of a large multidisciplinary team depending on the type of project. Our clients include development banks, waste management companies, government bodies and local authorities, developers and regulators. We help to deliver solutions for clients in a variety of settings, from countries with less developed waste management systems to geographies with well-established practices, across a range of waste types.
Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned company, and this is core to Mott MacDonald's principles of ownership and valuing people.
The Consultant should have a degree or master's in environmental sciences/management, geography, resource management, sustainability, or civil/chemical/mechanical engineering, and will have previous experience within sector, either working in industry, for the public sector or other consultancies. Experience in waste modelling is desirable as is an ability to speak an additional language. Further qualifications in solid waste management will be advantageous.
Work can be expected to include:
- Desk studies, carrying out data collection and analysis
- Technical and operational reviews of waste management systems
- Due diligence of waste technologies and feasibility studies for new facilities
- Behaviour changes projects working to increase uptake of waste reduction, reuse and recycling
- Supporting material and waste chapters for EIA's
- Supporting permit applications and the production of method statements for waste management projects
- Waste modelling and forecasting
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams analysing current waste management practices and making recommendations for the future
- Proposal writing support and general business development activities
- Research, project administration and any other duties as required
- Liaising with a wide range of clients and internal colleagues
You will be required to build close working relationships with colleagues and work with our other technical teams, local MM offices and other potential local partners.
The position will be based in the UK but it may involve travelling within the UK and also overseas on some of the international projects.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
The increasing success and reputation of MM in waste and environmental management services both within the UK and internationally means that we are seeking to recruit a Waste and Resource Management Consultant with industry or sector experience to further enhance our growing and diverse team, and to support the delivery of new and exciting waste and resource management projects.
We are therefore looking to recruit a driven individual who has a passion for sustainable waste and resource management.