Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
Responsible for the day to day operation of the reception area within Birmingham office, this includes but is not limited to:
- Presenting a friendly and professional image of Mott MacDonald, both in person and on the telephone
- Ensuring all visitors, internal and external, have signed into reception, given a temporary access card if required and inform them of fire evacuation procedures.
- Answering internal and external calls in a professional and courteous manner, taking and distributing messages promptly, including by email if the recipient is out of office.
- Managing the daily desk booking system, including cancelling bookings, monitoring the waitlist and allocating desks when they become available.
- Responsible for servicing the meeting rooms.
- Assisting in the booking of meeting rooms.
- Ordering lunches.
- Arranging and providing refreshments for meetings with external clients, such as tea, coffee, biscuits, water etc.
- Preparing meetings rooms - ensuring they are clean and have a sufficient amount of meeting room facilities.
- Clearing meetings rooms as soon as possible ensuring general cleanliness of rooms at all times.
- Ordering stationery and PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Booking car parking as appropriate.
- Managing new starter process, including running new starter reports, producing access cards, sending out welcome emails, taking staff photos and adding all new starters to Birmingham Yammer group.
- Processing post (incoming, outgoing including special delivery and couriers)
- Event co-ordinator support.
- CV administrator support (training to be provided)
- Updating kitchen information boards on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in the compilation of the Birmingham monthly newsletter.
- Supporting the office manager in their duties.
- Assisting project teams when required with general administration.
- Other duties as may be required.