Information Manager - Cities
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, empathetic, pro-active team player, who welcomes collaboration and the use of the latest technology to add value and deliver outstanding results.
The Information Manager role is aimed to enhance and support information development, processes, and standards, and a collaborative work environment at project level.
In this role you will be part of the project team and report to one or more project managers. You will also be supported by Information Managers within the Unit. Your principal accountabilities will vary depending on the services required by individual projects.
Typically, you will be responsible for:
- Advocating and reviewing project technology and software against project deliverables
- Implementing the latest digital design delivery methods and improved ways of working
- Delivering innovative digital project delivery solutions to address our client's needs
- Advocating and supporting the development of digital master plans and integrated infrastructure
- Delivering visualisation and animation as an offering to meet project needs and ambitions
- Delivering intuitive, interactive, and intelligent information models to support decision making and plan for resilience
- Using information models to extract data and metrics required to deliver net-zero social outcome objectives
- Championing and defining the project information management and modelling strategies
- Delivering workshops to enable the project team to collaborate, coordinate and communicate
- Carrying out structured model quality and information audits
- Development of skills through deploying and delivering on-project and structured digital training with the aim to drive improved ways of working with digital data, tools and system
Required for the position of Information Manager;
- Degree or Masters in Architecture (or an equivalent discipline)
- Knowledge of infrastructure projects
- An interest to help digitise the engineering and construction industry
- Able to produce clear and concise technical information and reports
- Able to establish good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Interest in working with multiple stakeholders and facilitating effective communication between them
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail
The following skills are essential to the role:
- Hands on and practical insight of the latest BIM and digital IM processes and tools
- Eagerness to develop new skills and to further expand knowledge within different areas of information management
- Strong delivery skills and project management experience
- Ability to lead projects and manage a team of consultants
- Experience in the production and management of information in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Working knowledge of software (Sketchup, Rhino, Infraworks, Revit, Civil 3D, Open Buildings Designer)
- Working knowledge of visualisation applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Twinmotion, Unreal engine)
- Working knowledge of engineering model review application (Navisworks)
- Knowledge of automation tools (Autodesk Dynamo, Python)
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the application of industry BIM/Information Management standards (ISO19650 and the UK BIM Framework)
- Knowledge of, and experience in, Net-Zero Social outcomes
- Knowledge of BREEAM, LEED
- Knowledge and experience in using a range of CDE platforms (BIM 360, ProjectWise) with experience in setting up/managing them in a live project environment.
The successful Information Manager will be required to:
- Positively engage with clients to further develop relationships and influence, enhance our reputation and point of difference, as well as seeking new opportunities.
- Contribute to achieving high internal and client KPI scores.
- Engage with and further develop relationships with the wider Mott MacDonald Group to enhance our performance.
We are looking for someone that is self-motivated and proactive, a team player with the ability to work collaboratively within internal and external teams and has excellent communication skills both written and verbal. The candidate should be willing to train/upskill others.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.