Early Careers Recruitment Advisor
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an experienced Early Careers Talent Acquisition Advisor to help support our hiring teams with the high-volume recruitment of graduates, apprentices, and placement students into our multidisciplinary business units.
Our team of six is based across two locations: Croydon and Birmingham, so you have the option to work in either office, with some travel between the two, as well as the opportunity for remote working.
What will you be doing?
* Our Early Careers team recruits in cycles, so initially you will help to prepare for the 2023 intake which will involve your lead and input on several projects.
* During the Autumn months you will manage and deliver on a number of campus and virtual career fairs, representing Mott MacDonald as an employer of choice.
* Using our ATS (Brassring), you'll manage a high volume pipeline of candidates. This involves screening applications; shortlisting; arranging interviews and managing the offer process.
* You'll work closely with your hiring managers to fully understand their hiring needs, supporting them through the recruitment process, delivering upon targeted recruitment strategies to hire the best talent.
* You'll provide an excellent candidate experience from point of contact through to offer, ensuring a consistent and fair approach throughout the selection process.
How we'll know someone is successful in this role
* Positive feedback from the people we support.
* A high level of detail in all tasks, accurately producing recruitment reports.
* Quickly understands our systems and projects.
* Actively contributes to team discussions and decisions.
* Suggests ideas or improvements we can make.
What knowledge and experience will you need?
* We are looking for someone with high volume early careers recruitment experience.
* You should have experience of, or the ability to demonstrate, the skills required to line manage others.
* Experience of working in a large complex matrix organisation or be able to demonstrate an understanding of what this requires.
* You should feel confident to engage with a variety of people, including hiring managers, third party suppliers and candidates.
* Willing and able to deliver presentations to large groups of students and internal stakeholders.
* The role allows individuals to work independently and therefore you need to be able to work on your own initiative and prioritise competing and changing demands.
* Able to confidently use a range of IT systems, including an ATS; and Microsoft packages - specifically Outlook; PowerPoint; Excel (basic); and Word.
* Able to work across multiple projects at any one time, as well as leading projects and working with others to see tasks through to completion.
* Able to approach challenges with a positive approach.
* Strong communication skills and able to adapt style to suit audience.
* Loves solving problems and keeps calm under pressure.
* Curious, self-starter who isn't afraid to ask for support.
* Great attention to detail, with a focus on data accuracy.
* Willing and able to travel to attend graduate events when needed (can be up to 2 nights per week during the busy periods of the graduate recruitment cycle, typically October & November months.)
"It's an exciting, and rewarding time to join the team at Mott MacDonald, the needs of the business are growing and evolving, which can make for a varied career. Joining us will give you an opportunity to have a positive impact on our early careers recruitment strategy to hire the talent of the future." Claire O'Neill, Early Careers Talent Acquisition Manager.
The early careers recruitment team is part of the wider Mott MacDonald support services function, who are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practise and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.