EAC Finance Assistant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
The Europe Corporate unit has a key role in the Group providing overarching guidance and support to 5 business units in Europe, Advisory, Building & Cities, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
The role will require you to assist in the preparation of strategic information for the region.
The position is perfect for somebody looking to enhance their career and develop the skills required to be a Finance Manager. Will be ideal for a nearly qualified accountant to gain experience working with finance managers across the business, and key stakeholders.
- Assist in evaluating monthly financial performance data by monitoring project profitability, overheads and producing accurate monthly accounts.
-Assist in the production of the monthly regional performance pack.
-Assist the Regional Finance Manager with central government returns.
-Provide financial data to Finance Managers for business planning and forecasting.
-Assist in reporting billing and invoicing stats to key stakeholders.
-Assist with the preparation of financial slides for meetings and key stakeholders.
-Support in the development and testing of existing and new reports.
-Assist in the production of the monthly regional and group business development packs.
-Providing support and cover to the team as required.
-Other duties as directed.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
* Qualified AAT or studying towards ACCA / CIMA, or a skilled numerate person looking to start their accountancy career.
* Must be a good communicator (both written and verbal).
* Good understanding of Excel with the capability to work with large volumes of data.
* Strong analytical skills with a good eye for detail.
* Ability to see tasks through to conclusion.
* Ability to work well in a team.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
Mott MacDonald's support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence