EAC Finance Assistant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
A bit about the team
The Europe Corporate unit has a key role in the Group providing overarching guidance and support to 5 business units in Europe, Advisory, Building & Cities, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
The role will require you to assist in the preparation of strategic information for the region.
The position is perfect for a part qualified looking to take the next step in their career and gain experience working with finance managers across the business, and key budget holders.
As EAC Finance Assistant, what you will contribute to the team;
- Assisting the Finance Manager in preparing the corporate services budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Assist in the production of the monthly regional performance pack.
- Prepare and submit various accrual balance sheet reconciliations to the financial accounts department.
- Monitoring of overhead spend across several cost centres.
- Preparing monthly schedules and reporting on overheads for Divisional Managers
- Provide financial data for business planning.
- Prepare headcount and utilisation reports for business unit Finance Managers.
- Preparation and posting of journals.
- Providing support and cover to the team as required.
- Work with the Property Manager on premises cost analyst.
- Oversee the property dilapidations schedule.
- Weekly monitoring of timesheet and absence errors, working with the admin team to resolve any issues.
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Assisting with the preparation on consolidated quarterly accounts
- Other duties as directed.
Required for the position of EAC Finance Assistant;
* Qualified AAT or studying towards ACCA / CIMA, or a skilled numerate person looking to start their accountancy career.
* Must be a good communicator (both written and verbal).
* Good understanding of Excel with the capability to work with large volumes of data.
* Strong analytical skills with a good eye for detail.
* Ability to see tasks through to conclusion.
* Ability to work well in a team.
If you meet 80% of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we don't know we need.
Mott MacDonald's support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. You will be given the opportunity to apply through this scheme when making your application.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional institution subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence