Overhead Contact Systems Technical Principal
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Day to day responsibilities will include OCS design input for multidisciplinary feasibility studies, option selection, outline design and detailed design. Typical design duties will include undertaking CRE roles and the designing and checking of:
- Design Models and Drawings, including 3D data driven models, layout plans, bonding plans, cross sections, clearance profiles and isolation diagrams and instructions.
- Design reports and submissions.
- Technical specifications
- Technical reports
- Undertaking site surveys
There may also be a need to travel to other locations (company or client office or site) within the UK and overseas.
You will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in the relevant discipline
- Good understanding of applicable Network Rail Standards, Railway Group Standards, British / European Standards and railway safety principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication and good presentation skills
- Effective organisational skills
- Able to apply initiative and to take responsibility
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Educated to HND and/or degree level in mechanical engineering or similar
- Desirably a chartered engineer or working towards this status
- Possess a reasonable level of IT skills and knowledge of railway engineering standards and practices
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.