Principal Wastewater Network Modeller
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Principal Wastewater Network Modeller
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Wastewater Network Modeller to join our national team. You will be a driven individual experienced in wastewater modelling, and have the desire to evolve within Mott MacDonald, whilst playing a key role in mentoring and developing others. You will be able to operate as an effective Project Manager or Project Principal and proactively support projects in delivery successful outcomes.
As a Principal Modeller, you would be responsible for providing key technical inputs and taking on management responsibilities on a range of wastewater infrastructure projects.
Typical duties would include:
- Leading or delivering the modelling and the subsequent development of solutions for developments, flood alleviation, environmental studies and Unsatisfactory Intermittent Discharge (UID)/Combined Sewer Overflows (CSO) projects
- Leading or delivering model build, model maintenance, and verification projects
- Leading the development of survey specifications
- Writing reports and preparing presentation materials and leading and reviewing the completion of these deliverables by less experienced staff
- Project management and coordinating with other disciplines
- Mentoring and developing less experienced staff and providing guidance to support their professional development
- Working in close partnership with clients and Joint Venture partners, representing the company in technical and consortia meetings
- Driving continuous improvement in project delivery
- Line Management of junior colleagues
Candidate Specification :
- Relevant degree qualified or vocational qualification.
- Chartered with a relevant professional institution (i.e. ICE or CIWEM)
- Expertise in use of InfoWorks ICM, as well as GIS packages
- Experience in spreadsheet data analysis (MS Excel, PowerBI)
- Good collaboration and communication skills, able to enter into technical discussions in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, to colleagues, non-technical staff and clients
- Experience in collaboration across multidisciplinary teams
- Able to check and review work of others to provide quality assurance and drive continuous improvement in work delivered to the client
- Demonstrable experience in the UK water industry, preferably with multiple Clients
- Any programming skills in FME or languages such as VBA, Ruby scripts or Python would be advantageous
- Experience in Urban Pollution Management, Storm Overflow Assessment Framework, Combined Sewer Overflows preferable
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
The Water Consultancy Division is the centre of excellence within Mott MacDonald for responding to water and wastewater delivery capability challenges, providing support to colleagues across our global business, and offering the best opportunities to get involved in diverse and technically challenging work. Our team continues to grow off the back of our sustained success in both the domestic and international water sector, for major utility companies and on high profile capital schemes.
Do you want to be part of an employee-owned company where our unique independence affords us the opportunity to focus on projects that matter to us - those focusing on delivering social outcomes and enhancing the environment, that harness digital innovation and that challenge our technical excellence? Working for a company like ours, with technical excellence at our core, offers you access to industry recognised experts in a variety of disciplines, to provide support and career development opportunities. At Mott MacDonald, we are a collaborative team, excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join us. For more information about our Water sector click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. There is the option for this role to be full time or part-time. We operate an agile working policy with the expectation that you will be present in your chosen office location more often than not, fluctuating as required to suit business and individual needs.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.