Flood Risk Modeller
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Flood Risk Modeller
In this role you will be expected to:
- Work as part of a wider team to deliver flood risk projects
- Work independently to develop and recommended solutions that meet client expectations and goals
- Provide technical input for the delivery of outputs from modelling projects
- Develop innovative digital solutions
- Develop technical documentation and presentations
- Support bidding and winning work
Our minimum candidate specification is as follows:
- Professional consultancy experience in flood modelling
- Experience in delivering flood risk management studies
- Good communication and written skills
- Well organised and able to prioritise your own workload with minimal supervision
- Understand the importance of prioritising health, safety and environmental issues
- Degree level qualification in hydrology, geography, mathematics, civil engineering, or other related discipline
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
We are looking for someone with experience in flood modelling, flood mapping, flood forecasting and coding with an interest in sustainable practices who can help us deliver a range of exciting projects and contribute towards growing our flood risk management services. You will have a passion for all aspects of flood management and enjoy using a range of modelling tools to help understand flood risk from all sources. You will work well with others and always be looking for a way to improve the way we do things and deliver social outcomes.
We deliver the full range of flood risk projects that you could be involved in, to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
- Flood alleviation schemes - we are helping design flood alleviation schemes across a range of locations in the UK. Hydrology and flood modelling is integral to the design and construction process.
- Large infrastructure schemes - such as road, rail or water supply projects. Helping develop solutions that reduce flood risk and provide wider social outcomes.
- Natural flood management - quantifying the flood risk benefits of using nature-based solutions and delivering wider outcomes.
- Reservoir flood assessments - we provide flood modelling support to our reservoir engineers
About the business unit
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Other Information :
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence