Design Project Leader
Job Type: Full time
We are a fully integrated design and construction business that harnesses the contracting strength of JN Bentley and the design specialisms of Mott MacDonald.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
As an employee-owned company, we place great emphasis on our people and developing them, who have made us a multiple award-winning partner for many UK water companies. We constantly strive to improve ourselves and those we work with.
We have been appointed as a partner to Thames Water's 5-year AMP7 capital works programme. The programme will improve clean and wastewater services to 15 million customers, as well as improving the environment. This appointment gives MMB direct allocation to a multimillion-pound programme of water and wastewater non-infrastructure and infrastructure projects.
The Project Design Leader is responsible for delivering the design through the project lifecycle, from solution definition, enabling and design, construction support, and completion.
For your project(s), you will be responsible for producing design yourself (within your discipline), coordination and integration of other engineering disciplines and contributors, and the performance of the design delivery (time, cost and quality).
We are looking for talented engineers, of varying discipline and with around 3 to 5 years' experience in water/wastewater. Working collaboratively with a Site Manager and Quantity Surveyor, this role offers you development of your technical and design management skills; experience of project delivery, procurement and construction; and the opportunity to gain site engineering experience.
- Develop your technical and design delivery skills within a multidisciplinary team.
- Develop your experience of procurement, commercial and construction, within a fully integrated design & build company.
- Follow a project from design, through to construction, commissioning and completion.
- An opportunity to acquire site engineering experience.
- Excellent experience for those seeking to obtain professional qualifications, which we will support you with, via our development and training programmes.
- Grow your professional internal and external networks, including engagement with our global Mott MacDonald practices and learning from our subject matter experts.
- Help develop new ways of working, such as reducing our carbon, protecting the environment and increasing biodiversity, and embracing innovations and new digital technologies.
- Be part of a diverse and secured programme of projects that include water, wastewater, infrastructure and non-infrastructure.
- Work with one of the most successful and award-winning UK water sector design & build companies, as well as the largest UK water company.
- Embrace the benefits of hybrid-working.