Senior Town Planner
Job Type: Full time
A bit about your role
You will be responsible for supporting the planning team on a range of planning and consenting projects. Working alongside the full range of technical disciplines Mott MacDonald offers on some of the largest and complex infrastructure and development projects. The work will be challenging and varied, ranging from preparing and submitting planning applications to strategic town planning consultancy advice including and advising on consenting processes/strategies. There are also opportunities to get involved in wider masterplanning/placemaking work following recent wins in this sector.
Key responsibilities as Senior Town Planner shall include:
- Working as part of the planning team to deliver a range of planning projects, including working alongside and potentially project managing other disciplines as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a very high standard. This includes high level options appraisals, preparing and reviewing documents for planning applications, Marine Licensing, Environmental Permitting, TWAOs or DCOs and planning policy preparation and advice.
- Project managing and co-ordinating the preparation of planning applications
- Liaising with Local Planning Authorities / Statutory Consultees as necessary to ensure applications are registered and determined within a timely manner.
- Preparing inputs and potentially leading bids for new work.
- Supporting more junior members of staff
- Degree and/or Masters in Town Planning
- Extensive town planning experience
- Chartered Member of the RTPI or actively working towards Chartership.
- Experience of preparing and submitting planning applications, drafting reports, feasibility studies, masterplans and regeneration strategies.
- Experience of working with a range of client bodies including both private sector and public sector
- Previous experience of, and having an active role in the delivery of infrastructure, regeneration and environmental projects,
- Experience in overseeing, and/or project managing multidisciplinary projects
- Experience of team working to support the delivery of projects.
- Experience of bid preparation
- Experience of financial accountability for projects and delivery of projects within budget
Based in either Bristol or Cardiff we are seeking a senior town planner to support us in the delivery of major infrastructure projects. This is to support and grow our capabilities in response a broad range of infrastructure-lead development including climate change resilience, defence, highways, energy and provision of water infrastructure.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.