Assistant Project Manager
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
This is an opportunity for an experienced, qualified and enthusiastic Assistant Project Management professional to join our Rail Project Management team. This opportunity is within our market leading team of more than 30 staff dedicated to effective delivery of Rail projects and forming part of a company-wide technical practice.
As a member of the Project Management Team, you will work within a team developing and delivering Rail projects from inception to handover and completion; This will include scheme definition, feasibility, design development, procurement and Contract Administration.
Your role will require you to liaise closely with multiple stakeholders and clients, co-ordinate multi-disciplinary design teams, draft and manage the production of reports and tender documents, monitor cost and schedule and manage the Health & Safety and Quality Assurance aspects of projects.
You will be confident in contributing to a technical team and as a key member of a project team, liaising directly with the client, project sponsors and key stakeholders when necessary.
Required criteria for ideal Assistant Project Manager:
- Post graduate experience of working on projects in design and project management.
- Working toward attaining a Project Management Qualification and working towards chartership
- Effective time management and project planning skills.
- Experience and ability to assist in preparing detailed project programmes
- Experience in working as a team in the delivery of projects to programme
- Ability to assist in the setup, monitoring and controlling project cost budgets
- Be familiar with and actively participate in change control procedures
- A working knowledge of risk management in project delivery
- Ideally be able to demonstrate experience of managing projects throughout its lifecycle as part of a team
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.