IT Business Analyst
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are looking for an IT Business Analyst with expertise in both Information Technology and Business Administration. You will work alongside a global IT team, project and program managers, project directors and business stakeholders to perform detailed requirements gathering and analysis, developing Statements of Work, business cases and assist in defining project scope and success criteria.
The best IT Business Analysts have exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills, as they act as a communication link between the IT department and other divisions. To succeed in this role, you should possess an analytical way of thinking and the ability to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users, be a self-starter and have a positive can-do attitude. As we are a diverse and global team, flexibility in working timing is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyse business requirements with users. Determine feasibility, cost/time and resources required, compatibility with existing system(s), potential problem areas, recommending and presenting solutions, and meeting project objectives.
- Work with project teams to develop project scope, budget, timeline, resources, risks, and project value.
- Ability to carry out process identification, definition and mapping. Participate in planning and designing business processes, including formulating recommendations to improve and support business activities.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, business process decomposition, epics/user stories, use cases modelling and specification, task and workflow analysis.
- Conduct detailed research in order to translate business requirements into precise, high quality user stories or functional specifications that are clear and concise and are easy to understand and implement by the development teams.
- Identify and validate key business requirements.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and help deliver solutions that meet the businesses requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to understand business strategies and future initiatives to determine future process and solution needs.
- Develop and execute business communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitation of User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Agile / Scrum methodology experience would be beneficial but is not essential
Required for the position of IT Business Analyst
Qualification and Experience
- Extensive demonstrable experience in Business Analysis. A bachelor's degree in IT or business management would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Possess the ability to listen, understand, and relay back clear and concisely information. Having the amplitude to think before responding and responding in a neutral way.
- The ability to 'draw out' information using different techniques to elicit functional and non-functional requirements, by asking the 'right questions' to make the information relevant.
- Creative and curious, with the ability to concentrate on large volumes of data / information, then analyse and produce a result.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes