Business Intelligence Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Contract/temp
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
About the Information Management (IM) Team:
Our dynamic and diverse team ranges from information consultants, product owners, software developers to data analysts and everything in between. We are not short on ambition, and we want our people to have genuinely exciting and fulfilling careers full of equal opportunities for growth, with a real sense of purpose through meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
We work with our clients helping them to harness opportunities, including digital to tackle their complex challenges. We do this by bringing together the best of our Information management and engineering domain knowledge and digital know-how. Our clients are predominantly in the transport sector managing major delivery projects or portfolios based in the UK and North America.
We are looking for someone who can lead a team of hard-working and energetic business intelligence analysts to help Mott MacDonald respond to the digital challenges of the E&C industry. This is a team lead role with expectation for hands-on work as you combine the art and science of analytics and insights to paint a data-driven picture of today's business and tomorrow's opportunities. The ideal candidate should have a passion for data and a fascination with how this can be turned into real value during delivery.
If you love data, are a self-starter, get things done from concept to enablement, work well with cross-functional teams, and are looking to make an impact, this is the job for you!
As a Business Intelligence Lead within our Special Services Division, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Act as a role mode to lead and coach a growing team of 6 analysts.
- Own and deliver the Business Intelligence Strategy, projects, and manage tasks.
- Build Reports & dashboards to enable stakeholders at various levels to derive strategy and make better decisions using data
- Act as a project lead to engage stakeholders to develop new and enhance existing dashboards
- Collaborate with analysts, product owners and data scientists across the business to better the team's knowledge and reporting
- Drive the IM's reporting strategy by helping to develop our in-house style and an overall better User Experience.
- Assist the business in understanding data, its purpose and how it might be enhanced over time to drive better strategy and decision making
- Identify reporting gaps, to improve reporting to a range of stakeholders both internally to the IM team, and to the wider Mott MacDonald, ensuring that our reporting output is impactful and appropriate
For this opportunity you will need the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree or Masters in a STEM discipline
- Curiosity about data and trends and causality!
- Comfortable communicating insights and findings to a broad range of collaborators, team members, and regional partners.
- Ability to tell data driven stories in a clear and concise narrative.
- Attention to detail in planning and execution while seeing the big picture and understanding how the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Good technical knowledge of business intelligence/visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, Looker, etc.) and SQL.
- Experience in implementing large/complex BI solutions from initial design to delivery/management.
- Experience working with large data sets and pulling data from multiple sources.
- Experience working closely with geographically disperse teams.
- Experience with agile methodologies such as SCRUM or KANBAN
- Knowledge of R/Python for advanced analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning is highly desirable.
- Relevant delivery experience in the engineering industry or closely related engineering consulting role is highly desirable.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.