Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
A position has arisen for an experienced construction project supervisor in our division, to support the delivery of a large scale infrastructure project in the defence sector.
You will act as the NEC Supervisor for the Client side of an NEC3 Construction contract.
The role of an NEC Supervisor is to monitor the works, witness any testing, check compliance with the Works Information and ensure that all works are carried out in line with the quality defined in the Works Information. This is especially important in today's fast paced construction market as recent high-profile cases will attest, where a lack of inspection during construction has caused major issues.
The Supervisor will:
- Have a regular presence on site, providing independent scrutiny of the works, ensuring the correct materials are used and to the correct standards.
- Have foresight, to enable identification of issues/potential issues and prevent them from occurring.
- Manage any defects that do arise.
- Witness any testing.
- Attend progress meetings.
- Issue communications as per the requirements of the contract.
Reports are issued at the defined frequency (weekly/fortnightly/monthly), which document the sequence of works and include supporting site photographs.
The Supervisor has the authority to issue instructions to search for defects and is specifically responsible for issuing the Defects Certificate at the end of the Defects Correction Period.
Required for the position:
- Ideally NEC Accredited and has have previous experience of delivering a high technical refurbishment
- You are comfortable prioritising workload and have the ability to work under pressure while being effective in your time management.
- Working as part of a team is familiar to you and you're able to establish professional working relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Additionally, you can demonstrate a flexible approach to work and have strong organisational skills.
You will be required to gain security clearance (DV) and be a UK national. (Clearance which will be gained whilst starting role minimum age of 21).
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.