Senior Project Manager
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As Senior Project Manager within the Rail Division you will be responsible for delivering a range of complex infrastructure projects for clients including Network Rail. This is a client-facing role with engagement in all aspects of Mott MacDonald's involvement including scheme, proposal development, budget & programme management, client interaction and overall delivery to the required scope, budget, programme and quality standards. You will collaborate with our design team personnel who are based across offices in Scotland, the UK and Ireland, and internationally.
Our Scottish Rail team is growing and delivers schemes including Civil Engineering, Track, Signalling, Telecoms and Overhead Line design to a wide range of customers including Network Rail, Transport Scotland, Strathclyde Passenger Transport, Scotrail Abellio and contractors such as Story, BAM Nuttall, AMCO, Stobart and Balfour Beatty.
As well as a strong and growing workload in Scotland, Mott MacDonald also work on high profile rail infrastructure projects across the UK, Northern Ireland and Ireland. Our Senior Project Manager will have the opportunity to work on both Scottish and other nationally significant projects.
- Proven experience in a significant Project Management capacity
- A member of a recognised Project Management body such as APM, or hold certificates in Lean or Prince
- Extensive rail experience including delivering successful projects for Scottish rail customers
- Experience with standard terms and conditions such as NR3, D&B and NEC Professional Services
- Excellent commercial management awareness
- Budget development and control
- Programme development and management
- Familiar with all aspects of design and with proven experience leading and supporting teams
- Sound technical capability and familiarity with current industry standards and clients including Network Rail's GRIP and PACE processes
- Excellent communication skills and able to relate to others at all levels
- Ability to work in a virtual environment, be self-sufficient and pro-active
- Flexible attitude and a 'can do' approach, able and prepared to work to deadlines
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Proficient in MS office computer applications such as Excel and Word.
- Chartered Engineer/ Project Manager status
- Primavera P6 experience
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.