Principal Bridge Engineer- Rail
Location: South Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
This role is working in a fast-growing team that delivers a wide range of Rail Bridge and Civil Schemes. The team prides itself in utilising long established relationships with clients and contractors to successfully deliver the most challenging briefs with innovative engineering solutions.
- Lead teams in the delivery of high profile enhancement schemes, bridge renewals and strengthening;
- Development and management of contractor relationships
- Innovative concept design and detailed design of all aspects of railway infrastructure, with a focus on Rail Bridges and lineside civils
- Appointment as Contractors Responsible Engineer and CEM
- Mentoring, educating and inspiring our high performing graduates
- Develop links with local universities
- Extensive experience in leading teams in the design and Assessment of rail bridges, footbridges and other lineside Civils infrastructure
- Minimum 5 years post chartership experience
- BEng/MEng Civil Engineering or comparative equivalent
- Chartered Member of professional institution (ICE or IStructE)
- Demonstrable experience in the commercial management of projects
- Production of proposal documents with success in winning work
- Extensive track record of leading teams in the delivery of detailed bridge designs in a D&B market
- Track record of leading teams in the delivery of F001/2/3 submissions, Assessment Reports and other key
- Demonstrable track record of managing quality through checking, peer reviews and day to day mentoring of staff
- Knowledge of Rail Group and Company Standards, in particular engineering assurance
- Advanced knowledge of Bridge design, analysis and remedial work, including FE analysis (including non-linear and dynamics), grillage analysis and associated software
- Extensive experience in the design of steel and RC Concrete
- Extensive knowledge of CDM and CSM
- Established relationship with Network Rail PEs and DPEs
- Established relationship with Network Rail approved contractors
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.