BIM / Digital Design Developer
Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Our digital Delivery Team are recruiting a Digital Design Developer to join our growing team. The successful candidate will play a key role within the team, working on major projects across the world.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development and implementation of Digital Design tools using CAD , GIS, and coding tools
- Assist in the specification, configuration and management of project Common Data environments (ProjectWise, SharePoint, BIM 360, GIS applications etc)
- Support the development of Digital Tools used on all Rail related projects
- Have knowledge of Bentley software (OBD, ORD) and Digital Data applications to support the design engineers in delivering buildings projects to our clients
- Communicate complex technical concepts in 3D digital models and GIS applications
- Develop tools and processes to improve efficiency of project delivery
- Assist the BIM and Digital Leads with project delivery
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. We are also looking for you to have:
- Industry experience in Coding, BIM, Digital Implementation in multi-disciplinary rail, civil and structural engineering sectors
- Strong proficiency in Bentley MicroStation and Open Building Designer
- Ability to use a wide range of CAD, Digital and Data management software
- Strong understanding in developing, supporting, and managing models per project standards
- Experience of managing Common Data Environments (CDE) such as ProjectWise, GIS etc
- Ability to work closely with project engineers, CRE's and CEM's
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and embrace new technologies and software.
- Able to effectively manage workload in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Willing to take ownership of issues and work autonomously to find solutions.
- Mentor and develop junior staff.
- Knowledge of 4D and Software (Bentley Synchro)
- Use of GIS to support designs and Client engagement
- Trained in ISO19650 / BS1192
- Experience in programming software (e.g. Grasshopper, Python, VBA)
- Knowledge of Rail industry standards and specifications
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.