Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
In this role you will:
- Work as a structural design engineer within a team, helping to deliver buildings projects across a range of sectors, typically in commercial, defence or large-scale and challenging infrastructure
- Review schemes and prepare conceptual design options, producing reports and sketches in different formats to convey your design
- Undertake detail design, predominantly in reinforced concrete and steelwork
- Supervise drafting and production of your designs
- Check design calculations prepared by others
- Assess carbon emissions to provide information to clients
- Support management tasks with input to planning, costings and programmes as required
- Support in providing construction phase technical advice and inspections as required
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams, including geotechnics, architecture, mechanical and electrical engineering, infrastructure
- Work in a wide variety of sectors including rail, defence, aviation, water, all involving in-depth structural engineering
For this role you will need:
- Experience with software packages commonly used in structural design such as Robot, Tekla Structural Designer, and TEDDS
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Graduate member of a relevant institution (IStructE preferred) and be working towards a professional review to achieve Chartership
You will also have:
- High quality technical skills in structural engineering
- An enthusiastic and dynamic approach to work
- A strong sense of personal responsibility for your work
- A desire to expand your technical knowledge and to learn new skills.
- An enthusiasm for minimising environmental impact through low carbon and sustainable designs, while maximising benefits for society
- A background of experience in structural engineering of infrastructure projects, preferably across all stages of design through to construction.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
We are looking for a talented and highly-motivated structural engineer with design experience, to join a group of enthusiastic engineers working on challenging and high profile projects.
About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our workforce!