Civil Engineering Technician
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As an experienced technician within the built environment team the primary focus is the successful delivery and technical quality assurance, of drainage and infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will also contribute to the winning of new work and the development of more junior staff.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with engineers, technicians and project managers in preparation of documents and drawing packages, report figures, design concepts with opportunities to assist with technical specifications and calculations
- Processing the topographic data (from LiDAR, satellite, ground surveys, etc.) for use on the projects
- Providing civil design and drafting support for a range of civil engineering projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D, experience with pipe networks essential
- Preparing drawings for site development and earthworks including site preparation, rough grading, final grading and surface drainage, ditches, ponds, roads and embankments using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficiency in importing survey files, creating surface's, preparing survey base plans and setting up design folders
- Preparing material take-offs
- Managing time and tasks within allotted timelines and budgets
- Providing assistance to design and construction teams
Required for the position of Civil Engineering Technician
- HNC/HND/BEng in Civil Engineering
- Excellent organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
- Experience in using AutoCAD and Civil 3D design/drafting software
- Experience with the production of standard drawings for infrastructure projects such as, drainage, water and wastewater treatment plants and pump stations, storm drainage and retention ponds
- Experience with processing and modifying topographic data in support of project needs
- Drafting and design experience within a consulting engineering office environment
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Member of Engineering Council as Engineering Technician (Eng Tech) or eligible to apply within 1 year.
- Navisworks for clash detection
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.