IT Team Lead - Applications Operations
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
The application support services are the third line of IT support under IT Operations and provide support for all applications including Business, Project and Productivity Applications.
The application services team lead reports to the IT Manager - Operations and provides operational leadership to the application support staff in shifts, whilst ensuring compliance to the global processes.
This will include (but not limited to) providing support for:
- Business Applications - Connect Business, FiFi, BMS services, Reporting and analytics
- Project Information Support Services - Bentley and Autodesk applications stack for engineering applications
- Productivity applications - O365/M365 services including SharePoint, Teams, and other productivity enhancement tools
Working closely with IT Operations Centre Management, the Applications Team lead will oversee the day-to-day operation of the 3rd line IT Support Service for application specific items.
The Application Team Lead will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our application support employees are fully focused on maintaining high level customer service while adhering to Mott MacDonald's policies and procedures.
In addition, there will be an opportunity to improve processes, applications, systems and tools with a focus on delivering the best customer experience possible.
- Coordinate resolution of application issues by 3rd line application team staff and improve the knowledge and capabilities through gap analysis, skillset development and knowledge management.
- Prioritise functional and hierarchical escalations from customers to ensure that they receive the highest level of customer service.
- Compliance to defined KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for support and service availability.
- Trend analysis, reporting, service review activities, feeding into SI initiatives.
- Plan and manage a forward-looking program for application support.
- Manage ROTA for resources for providing adequate cover for support per shift.
- Escalate any issues to IT Manager - Operations if required.
- Monitor and ensure timely and effective resolution of all customer incidents and requests.
- Work with other IT teams to provide global support and get technical escalations resolved.
- Monitoring of IT applications environment and support, for running an ITIL compliant global IT support operation.
- Actively pursue CSI (Continual service improvement) initiatives as part of SI initiative.
- Coordinate service transition and shift left initiatives.
- Provide inputs towards budget for application related activities.
- Be a mentor and guide to application team staff.
- Management of all HR (Human Resources) elements including payment of allowances, annual leave approvals and support other people related aspects.
- Maintain skills matrix and update it regularly, identify skill gaps or new training requirements and organise the same for the team.
- Own recruitment and career progression plans for applications team.
- Manage internal communications for IT support related issues
- Contribute to acceptance into service of new software and services.
- Other duties as required
Education, Experience and Skills
- University degree or diploma in computer science or Engineering
- Substantial experience in a lead/management role.
- Thorough Knowledge of ITIL Service Management best practices. ITIL V3/V4 foundation certification preferred.
- Broad technical Knowledge of IT applications and services.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Service Management best practices
- Experience of working in a large-scale enterprise environment preferred.
- Confident and perseverant.
- Passionate about technology and learning.
- Strong analytical ability with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate and support employees.
- Ability to lead a team of Technical Resources.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure.
- Flexibility of working to varied shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
Mott MacDonald's support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practise and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The desktop support services are the second line of IT support under IT Operations and provide support for endpoint devices in the environment, do proactive monitoring and event management support.