Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering individual schemes for a client or working under a team leader to provide a portfolio of projects to a customer
- Leading project teams of internal and external consultants.
- Initiating, managing and delivering projects under our business management systems (BMS)
- Establishing budgets and monitoring and controlling the financial performance of projects.
- Contributing to business development activities under the direction of a project principal
A bit about the team
Our Cambridge team of project managers focuses on the Health, Science, Education and Defence sectors in London and the Southeast and has a strong track record in the delivery of public projects through major frameworks and local projects for private sector clients.
Our Health and Science team is currently delivering major programmes of work for the NHS and pharmaceutical clients, and we would like to hear from you if you are interested in joining this team.
You will receive great support from the wider team, we are committed to the training and development of our staff. We operate structured training programmes for staff and support our staff at all levels with learning and development opportunities through our learning and development team.
This role can be offered on a full time or a part time basis.
Required for the position of Project Manager:
- Experience of project management in the construction industry with the focus on delivering health or science related projects through all stages of the project cycle
- Be a qualified member of a recognised relevant professional body with chartered status, or be approaching chartered status;
- Knowledge of project programming and scheduling software, eg. MS Project
- Experience of contract administration and application of CDM and Health and Safety standards
- Experience of working in the public and private sector on stand-alone schemes and on frameworks
You will be self-motivated and proactive, a team player with the ability to work collaboratively within internal and external teams and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Degree Qualifications we might expect are:
- Construction Project Management
- Any Engineering discipline
- Other relevant
Professional bodies and charterships we'd consider are:
- MCIOB Project Management
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes