Quantity Surveying Deputy Lead (Defence)
Location: City of Bristol
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Interested in working on major programmes and projects, often at the cutting edge of technology?
Interested in joining a leading multi-billion pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunity for long term career prospects and the ability to work across multiple sectors?
At Mott MacDonald, we are dedicated to tackling our clients' toughest portfolio, programme and project challenges in order to achieve successful outcomes. We are a family of people excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
Owning to the expansion of our defence and energy business we have exciting opportunities for risk professionals to join our fast-growing team in the UK. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in some of the most complex and challenging projects in the UK today.
Within the Mott MacDonald family we are looking to attract the finest talent to be part of this journey as we mobilise for a number of key opportunities across a broad portfolio of both defence and energy programmes. All of the programmes are long term opportunities allowing you to grow and develop your career throughout.
We are seeking a Quantity Surveying Deputy Lead for our defence team who demonstrates a passion to work collaboratively with our client teams to deliver their complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following:
- Provide leadership and team management for the QS team within the defence unit. Working under the Quantity Surveying lead. Managing workloads and current/future commitments. Ensure the team is correctly resourced to the levels required to meet the current and future work profile. Line manage QS resources within the team.
- Overseeing and contributing to the production and Assurance of Financial Models to support Outline Business Case (OBC) & Full Business Case (FBC) in line with JSP507 guidance.
- Provide input support and guidance regarding the Quantitative Cost Risk Analysis process. Chairing risk workshops where appropriate or providing support to risk management professionals.
- Provision of financial advice including the impact of inflation and affordability
- Development of fee proposals for the delivery of our services in collaboration with the lead business unit.
- Supporting the Account Leader(s) with bid submissions and business development/ Client Care
- Providing procurement and tender document advice where required.
- Overseeing the analysis of tenders and the preparation of tender reports.
- Overseeing the preparation of valuations and financial statements.
- Assisting in the settlement of construction disputes and final accounts.
- Attending appropriate Client, design team and progress meetings as and when required.
- Coach, develop and supervise QS staff and sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Undertaking knowledge management activities to ensure lessons are learned and our service remains as efficient as possible.