Integrated Water Management Systems Lead
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Integrated Water Management Systems Lead
Our Water Consultancy Division has pioneered new systems based approaches to integrated water management in England. We have co-created integrated water frameworks for London and the OxCam Arc with stakeholders across flood management, water resource, wastewater, environment, urban and transport planning interests. We have a strong working partnership with Imperial College and other water sector thought leaders. This network of excellence has created an opportunity for collaborative innovation that we marry up with our strong in house capability in project delivery and planning capability across water, environment and infrastructure sectors.
We're now looking to scale up our work on integrated water management across the UK water sector and internationally. The UK is undergoing a period of transition in the funding of environmental stewardship creating new opportunities for collaborative, multi-benefit, multi-sector programmes to achieve water and environmental outcomes. Water sector planning is increasingly demanding integrated approaches.
Systems thinking allows clients to achieve environment, social and service objectives with more efficient, cost effective and coordinated programmes of action. Blue green infrastructure, social outcomes, natural capital, multi-criteria analysis, conventional infrastructure planning and digital twins are all tools towards building a more systemic approach to environmental challenges. Integration of these tools requires systems thinkers with strong stakeholder engagement and analytical skills.
We are looking for an accomplished leader who shares our ambition for a more interconnected and transformative approach to water sector planning and implementation. You will be a highly motivated strategic and systemic thinker, who can combine interdisciplinary analysis, business development, programme implementation and management.
In this role you will implement our systems offerings for clients and work in a team to develop our offerings further. You will manage client and stakeholder relations and collectively create joined up approaches to environment and infrastructure service challenges. You will oversee projects, ensuring timely, cost-effective delivery of high-quality project outcomes. You will support innovation and support clients and colleagues in developing systems related skills.
- Proven capability to win, lead and deliver excellent projects.
- A track record of building strong relationships with clients and providing a compelling service.
- A vision for the implementation, delivery, integration and enhancement of UK water and environmental regulation by promoting systems approaches to WRMP, DWMP, RBMP, FRMP, WINEP, catchment plans, regional plans and other relevant frameworks.
- Strong multi-sector stakeholder engagement, communication and liaison skills.
- A track record in team leadership and programme management
- Experience of blended finance for multiple benefit catchment programmes.
- Experience of planning outside the water sector, e.g. urban planning, transport.
- Understanding of the Carbon Net Zero and Natural Capital agendas
- Experience of working with or awareness of theoretical frameworks around systems thinking such as complexity, outcomes, value frameworks, enterprise and engineering systems
- International experience
- Strong writing skills
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application.
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence