Agricultural Liaison Officer
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Agricultural Liaison Officer - the focus of this exciting new role and opportunity is to help build the growing business and to manage the delivery of detailed, high quality Land Advisory services for our clients.
About the division
The Advisory and Programme Delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the Technical disciplines of Land Advisory, Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting, Education and Healthcare Management.
Our Infrastructure portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of Rail, Highways, Land and Aviation. while supporting other parts of the infrastructure advisory business across the globe.
What is our vision?
Our vision, with your help, is to deliver major infrastructure projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients and supporting other parts of the infrastructure business across the globe. Our vision is to deliver major infrastructure projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as 'credible' and 'preferred' for our existing and new clients.
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunities company.
What you will contribute to the team:
- Liaise with third party stakeholders regarding land and land drainage matters, e.g., Internal Drainage Board, Environment Agency, landowners, tenant farmers
- Ensure farming activities are considered and communicated to delivery teams during construction works.
- Carry out and organise with project team pre-entry photographic records of condition of the affected land including identification of existing drainage issues
- Follow up on requests from landowners for existing land drainage drawings to assist with new project drainage design
- Discuss, agree and document accommodation works with landowners - e.g., water troughs for stock, irrigation pipework, fencing etc.
- Assist the project team in discussions with Internal Drainage Board about flume pipe crossing points, including installation - maintenance and removal
- Experience or understanding in drainage design and installation and ability to advise project team and third-party drainage designers
- Experience or understanding of good soil management
- Inform landowners about construction matters and project requirements
- Experience in reading construction drawings
- Assist the construction team in all matters regarding land access
- Assist the project team with boundary removal and reinstatement
- Ensure land drainage sub-contractors workmanship conform to industry standards and specifications
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence