NEC ECC Supervisor / Site Supervisor
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
NEC ECC Supervisor / Site Supervisor
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
A position has arisen for an experienced construction project supervisor, to support the delivery of a variety of small and large scale projects in the water sector.
The role of NEC Supervisor is that of an inspector who tests and inspects the works for compliance with the contract. The NEC Supervisor manages the defects process, and checks and marks materials onsite or off-site to protect the Employer's interests.
You will work collaboratively with the Employer, Project Manager and Contractor to ensure the construction activities are delivered to highest quality and safety standards; whilst providing efficient, sustainable, and best value solutions in line with industry best practice and innovation.
As an NEC Supervisor you will typically:
- Have a regular presence on site.
- Attend progress meetings.
- Have foresight to enable early identification of potential issues to prevent them from occurring.
- View construction phase documents such as: CPP, RAMS, ITP.
- Issue a Supervisor report recording the progress of works.
- Inspections and testing
Undertake inspections and witness tests (onsite or off-site).
- Manage the defect process.
- Issue the Defects Certificate.
Required for the position of NEC ECC Supervisor / Site Supervisor ;
- Experience in carrying out duties of NEC Supervisor.
- Working knowledge of the NEC contract.
- Proven understanding of CDM and Health and Safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Diligent, proactive, and thorough approach to detail.
- Collaborative and practical approach to problem solving.
- Experience of design and specifications for water industry projects.
- Commercial & technical risk awareness an advantage.
- Knowledge of ecological and environmental aspects related to construction an advantage.
- Qualifications & Training:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Chartered or Incorporated or working towards this status.
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS).
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Mott MacDonald is recruiting for experienced NEC ECC Supervisors / Site Supervisors to join the Water team to supervise the Environment Agency's ambitious and innovative £5.2bn capital investment programme to reduce flood risk using both built and natural flood defences.
Working alongside the Employer, Project Manager, and Contractor, the NEC Supervisor will contribute to the successful delivery of projects.
The ability to travel to project sites and client offices within the region is essential.
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence