Senior Water Resources Planner- Project Manager
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Senior Water Resources Planner- Project Manager
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We would like to hear from you if you would be interested in applying your knowledge and experience on a diverse range of water resources planning projects and water / wastewater studies. We are looking for someone to join the team with experience in the management of consultancy projects, who is also happy to be involved in the technical aspects of projects.
We are looking for motivated strategic thinkers, who want to generate the best possible outcomes for our clients, the environment and society, with an interest in developing their knowledge and experience through joining our existing team of technical experts.
Required for the position:
- Relevant engineering, water resources, economics, asset management, or other related degree
- Project management and client liaison
- Excellent report writing and presenting skills
- Experience with developing Water Resource Management Plans (WRMP) and/or Drainage and Wastewater Management Plans (DWMP) for UK Water Companies, regional water resource plans or similar in an international setting.
- Experience of managing teams
- Able to work collaboratively with clients and other consultants
- Experience of undertaking options appraisal
- Experience in consultancy roles
- Experience in developing aspects of water company business plans
- UK water sector experience
- Experience in demand management and leakage
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors. Our asset management and investment planning team includes water resource planning experts who are experienced in supporting water companies across England and regional groups such as Water Resources South East (WRSE) to meet their regulatory requirements for submission of their water resource management plans to Ofwat.
In addition to supporting development of water resource plans in England our team also work on water resources for hydrogen projects, international projects and projects in throughout the UK. Our team provide advisory services to a wide range of clients including utilities, regulators, multilateral and commercial lenders, government organisations and research bodies. We work in the water sector and with other infrastructure providers both in the UK and internationally.
Our water resources team is part of a larger team working on a wide range of asset management and investment planning specialist areas, including:
- Water resource investment planning
- Drainage and wastewater investment planning
- Engineering studies in the UK and Internationally
- Technical advisory including project preparation and support to public private partnerships as well as other support to other contractual arrangements (e.g. DCO)
- Carbon and net zero appraisal and strategic planning
- Asset Management
- Project management of engineering projects
- All members in our team have the opportunity to move around and work in different areas.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.