Civil Engineering Project Manager - Water
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Civil Engineering Project Manager - Water
Your role as Civil Engineering Manager will be to work collaboratively with our multidisciplinary design teams to deliver a portfolio of water sector projects. With excellent long-term career advancement potential, this role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your technical and management skills, and grow your professional network. You will apply your knowledge and experience to a diverse range of strategic/feasibility studies and design projects across our water portfolio, including on water resources, non-infrastructure water and wastewater treatment, and infrastructure network projects. As a key member of the project team, our design/technical teams will look to you for strategic direction. You will liaise directly and collaborate with the client, project sponsors and key stakeholders when necessary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project management duties, including programme and financial management for a portfolio of projects
- Maximising project profitability, monitoring project budgets, managing change and anticipating potential problems
- Leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver projects to client requirements
- Undertaking studies, concept, preliminary and detailed design
- Technical expertise and leadership in civil engineering design on a range of multidisciplinary projects, while mentoring junior staff
- Nurturing and managing client relationships and satisfaction
- Reviewing and checking technical designs, specifications and reports to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
Ultimately, we deliver engineering solutions, so we're looking for a project manager who is able to lead projects and deliver high quality outcomes in keeping with their experience and ability.
Take a look at the skills, qualifications and experience we're looking for, listed below. Please bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of these to be considered for the position:
- Proven project management capability in the delivery of multiple and/or complex projects in a multidisciplinary environment
- UK water/wastewater non-infrastructure or infrastructure experience
- Civil Engineering or other relevant degree
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status (CEng)
- Fully conversant with designers' responsibilities under CDM
- Good understanding of contractual issues and risks relating to project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to positively relate to others at all levels
- Experience of managing clients and other project stakeholders
- Proactive and flexible approach, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
The water and wastewater sectors face unprecedented challenges - ageing infrastructure, population growth, water scarcity and climate change. Do you have the drive and passion to help us address these issues in Scotland? If so, we have an exciting new role in Mott MacDonald that could be just what you're looking for.
Through our m2 joint venture, our water team has a long term framework to support Scottish Water in addressing these challenges and delivering their strategic outcomes. As a result of this ongoing commitment we have an exciting Project Management opportunity for a Chartered Civil Engineer with strong water/wastewater industry experience to join us in Edinburgh. Offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis, we would love you to help us develop solutions that achieve sustainable growth, balancing environmental and societal needs.
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence