WCD Account Leader - Environment Agency Portfolio
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
WCD Account Leader - Environment Agency Portfolio
An Account Leader is the primary point of contact and is responsible for the relationships with a single or group of clients. The role includes the delivery of quality outcomes for those clients to budget and on schedule through project teams. The Account Leader will form part of the WCD Leadership Group and help to set the strategy for the Division, drive performance and create a safe and productive culture through exemplifying the PRIDE values. An Account Leader will have a number of Bid and Project Principals reporting to them on activity within their Accounts.
- Understand the Account's clients' organisational structure and organise the Account to be able to engage effectively with the clients
- Understand and plan for key, emerging and target clients/parts of the client in the Account
- Produce, Share, and Maintain a Plan to Succeed
- Produce Client Engagement Plans (minimum annual update) in accordance with Water Sector Guidelines
- Develop annual BD/bids budgets for accounts and manage approved allocation across individual clients
- Produce a summary annual Account Plan that draws upon Client Engagement Plans and includes emerging and target clients, overhead spend and Key Performance Indicators (quarterly review)
- Facilitate reviews of key client engagement plans by the business operational and Water Sector Leaders at periodic intervals (platinum clients as a minimum and gold clients)
- Monitor Compliance with Business Management Systems
- Lead/participate in bid pink/red and yellow/gold reviews for the Account
- Communicate roles and responsibilities related to Account BMS and ensure that bids and projects are appropriately managed in line with Group directives and policies, including compliance of projects to STEP requirements (WIN, DO and LEARN)
Win and Do
- Building connections to increase our Right to Win
- Work with the Business sponsor (very senior level) to agree level and frequency of interaction with clients
- Create strategic relationship structures that are easy for clients to understand (develop and implement a communication plan / zipper)
- Profitable Investment of Business Development Effort
- Identify Opportunities and turn them into Prospects
- Work with the Unit/Divisional Technical Excellence Leaders and Development Manager to identify and share selling opportunities with other Account Leaders
- Ensure information on Connect Business (CRM and Projects) is populated and maintained for accounts
- Profitable Safe and Quality Delivery of Project Commitments
- Management of risk and commercial performance on projects for Account(s)
- Project Principal role on significant projects and supervise other Project Principals to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard
- Ensure appropriate setting and delivery of budgeted project profit, revenues and working capital across accounts
- People Management and Development
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and wellbeing initiatives
- Develop and deliver training on client drivers, standards and expectations
- Interface with the Resource Manager to ensure the correct resources are deployed to projects
- Ensure project budgets and resourcing on Connect Business support accurate workload projections
- Support the recruitment and utilisation of staff to deliver required revenues
- Identify training and development needs of project staff in conjunction
Interface with the TEL, Practice Leaders and Technical Leaders to support professional excellence
Ensure that STEP project reviews are undertaken and any improvement actions acted upon and key learning is shared with other Account Leaders
Work with Development Manager to enhance the bid tool box (collate good submissions).
We are looking for candidates with;
- Proven client management experience
- Excellent at building and using internal and external networks
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Our Water Consultancy Division (WCD) employs over 540 people who are based across 18 offices in UK. The division primarily services the UK water sector clients through delivery of our capabilities in five key sub-sectors; Asset Management and Infrastructure Planning (AMIP), Water Resources and Flooding, Treatment (Water and Wastewater), Pipelines & Networks, and Dams, Rivers & Geotechnics. In addition to these sub-sectors, WCD is strengthening its offering in Digital, Carbon, Natural based Solutions and Climate Resilience in response to client need, government legislation and environmental challenges.
Following the re-assignment of one of our existing Account Leaders, we are now seeking a new Account Lead to lead our Environment Agency (and associated clients) Portfolio (EVA). Account Leaders will be line managed by the Divisional Development Manager and will report portfolio performance to the Divisional General Manager monthly. Typically, WCD Account Leaders carry out the role over 2 days per week with the balance of contracted hours contributing towards ongoing proposals or project work within the portfolio - this invariably flexes according to the priorities agreed for the portfolio and as such the candidate will need to flex their workload to accommodate this.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.