Job Type: Full time
To support and/or manage the delivery of groundwater projects across water resources, environmental and engineering sectors, working within a multidisciplinary team to achieve agreed time, cost and quality targets.
To pursue a specialist interest within hydrogeology that can be levered into technical services delivery and innovation.
Alongside technical delivery and project management of groundwater projects, to assist in the development of new business by contribution to bid and proposal writing across water resources, environmental and engineering sectors.
- Be approachable, committed to self-development, other colleagues and the business, and to have a recognised expertise.
- Communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team and staff members, contractors, regulators and clients.
- Contribute to the management and delivery of water resources, environmental and engineering hydrogeology projects.
- Ensure that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and completed in accordance with agreed timescales and budgets.
- Ensure that work is carried out in full compliance with Mott MacDonald internal Business Management Systems.
- Undertake project delivery tasks including calculations, drawings, models, ground investigations, data interpretation, reporting etc.
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist where practicable in the mentoring and development of others.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required.
- Maintain client contact for project delivery and ensure that project delivery meets client objectives and requirements.
Technical Excellence and Leadership
- Recommend / implement improvements to technical policy, processes and solutions where applicable, and communicate using knowledge management channels and platforms as appropriate.
- Maintain good links within the wider groundwater community to enhance technical knowledge and build and maintain contacts that may provide opportunities for collaboration, thought leadership and business development.
- Develop innovative products and specialist skills within the discipline of hydrogeology as and where appropriate.
- Lead or assist with the development of capability statements and marketing and the submission of pre-qualification questionnaires and expressions of interest.
- Prepare proposals/bids as required, including development of scopes of work, methodologies, team structures, and estimating timescales and costs for proposed works.
- Cultivate new clients and develop services with existing clients, in particular services relating to own areas of technical expertise. Network across internal business.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Mott MacDonald has a strong record of providing water resources, environmental and engineering hydrogeology services benefiting communities, clients and the environment. Due to continued growth across our award-winning, multi-sector and global business, we are now seeking a dedicated Senior Hydrogeologist to join our growing teams across the UK.
Mott MacDonald are a fantastic company to work for, combining heritage, vision and values into an ethos that encourages career progression in technical, management or commercial/client-facing directions, or a combination thereof. You will have control of your own career path in cross-disciplinary engagement. Our team delivers services in public water supply, borehole construction, construction dewatering, water quality, catchment management, and water resources modelling across the water resources, environmental and engineering sectors, and links in with the larger business across a wide range of national and international infrastructure delivery services.
We are especially looking for someone with great team spirit to become an integral part of our group-wide Water Resources Practice, which brings together a wealth of knowledge and experience in hydrology, hydrogeology, water quality, catchment management, climate resilience and associated disciplines. You will work within our Water Resources and Flooding Team, and closely with our Environment and Engineering Hydrogeology teams to support clients on a range of high-profile projects both in the UK and abroad.
You will have the opportunity to lead technical projects, whether applying innovative thinking to new or established schemes, or developing your own concepts from scratch. Alongside your technical role, you will also have the opportunity to develop your skills in project management and business development through engaging with our water sector and regulatory framework clients.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes