Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Project Manager, you will work as part of a wider team in an entrepreneurial spirit, and have the autonomy and full accountable for the safety, quality and financial performance of your projects.
A typical week may include:
- Engaging with clients, end users, statutory bodies, and other key stakeholders;
- Project programming
- Financial planning and management;
- Contract administration;
- Developing client relationships;
- Working as part of a team of advisory consultants, and supporting other members of the team
Required for the position of Project Manager;
- Already a Chartered / Incorporated Professional in the Built Environment (or close to it), or desire to pursue this
- Experience in advisory type work, such as:
- Working "client side" at an early stage in projects to develop scope, options appraisals and feasibility documents;
- Supporting clients in setting project briefs; and
- Developing funding applications and business cases.
- Project management skills, including the ability to use relevant software, e.g. MS Project and the wider MS suite of applications.
- An ease with RIBA's Plan of Work and the technical aspects of built environment projects.
- An appetite for life-long learning, continual improvement and coaching your successors.
Preferred, but not required;
- Previous consultancy background
- Previous experience of working in at least one of these sectors:
- Healthcare; and / or
- Local Authority / Regeneration.
- Strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to develop relationships and communicate effectively, including with multiple stakeholders.
- A positive 'can do' attitude, sense of responsibility and passion for collaborative working.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence.