Associate Structural Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As an experienced engineer in our Buildings and Cities team you will act as lead Associate Structural Engineer for buildings, built environment and infrastructure projects. You will also contribute to the winning of new work and the development of more junior staff.
The key elements of the role will include:
- Designing or managing the design of building, built environment or infrastructure projects at all project design stages, including concept design/business case and design/build.
- Checking civil and structural designs.
- Managing projects, responsible for Mott MacDonald internal governance and project management process.
- Client and project stakeholder management, and coordination of project interfaces.
- Technical, procedural, and behavioural leadership, and mentoring of more junior staff, to ensure minimum standards of health and safety, quality, and ethics are maintained in undertaking all project and other activities.
- Business development including developing and maintaining client and contractor relationships and producing or contributing to winning proposals for new work.
Required for the position of Associate Structural Engineer;
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Chartered engineer (MICE, MIStructE or equivalent).
- Working knowledge and experience of building design Eurocodes and standards.
- Experience of delivering projects using industry standard design software such as AutoCAD, Bentley, Civils 3D.
- The ability to lead and coordinate production of high-quality engineering deliverables.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
- The ability to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams, either leading or participating.
- A clear understanding of relevant UK health and safety legislation and good practice, including roles and responsibilities under CDM Regulations 2015.
- Commercial awareness and experience of NEC forms of contract.
- Willingness and ability to coach or mentor others.
- Alignment with the Mott MacDonald core values of Progress, Respect, Integrity, Drive, and Excellence.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence