Estimator - Defence
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As an Estimator you will be responsible for calculating the cost of a project or programme, considering Capital and Operational Expenditure across the project lifecycle. You will interpret solution scope, and align with cost data and models to produce estimates.
A bit about the team
Mott MacDonald's Estimating and Cost Intelligence function is a dedicated practice of over 120 estimating and cost intelligence professionals operating across the Transport, Water, Environment, Energy and Defence sectors. Owing to the expansion of our defence and energy business, we have exciting opportunities for estimating professionals to join our fast-growing team.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Preparing estimates and cost plans at various stages of the project lifecycle
- Develop the estimating working practices within the programme area.
- Ensure governance of all stakeholders is achieved within agreed timescales
- Ensure stakeholder costs are broken down to an appropriate level.
- Provide high level solution costs for risk and value process evaluation.
- Ensure that the challenge of sustainability is recognised within the proposed solution including carbon benefits
- Undertake detailed analysis, highlighting key drivers, issues and opportunities
- Produce the Basis of Estimate (BoE) documenting underlying assumptions, methodology, logic and characteristics of the estimate
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence