Senior Engineer - Water Sector
Location: County Dublin
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
With continued success in our projects and an expanding portfolio of work we have an opportunity for a Senior Water Engineer to join our Water Teams in Cork, Dublin, and Belfast.
Reporting to a Project Manager, the role offers the opportunity for you to develop your skills and progress your career. Working as part of a team of innovative engineers and technical specialists you will deliver an exciting portfolio of work for clients across Ireland and the UK including water and wastewater networks, treatment plants, flood defence schemes, and related infrastructure.
What does a normal day look like?
- Preparing outline and detailed civil engineering designs
- Producing technical and commercial reports, drawings, specifications, schedules, and other documentation
- Preparing cost estimates
- Giving presentations and attending meetings with clients and third parties
- Assisting in the management of projects
- Completing site inspections
- Implementing Company procedures to consider and mitigate Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental risks
- Developing your technical and project management skills
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team environment, in close partnership with clients and contractors.
What we'd like to see from your application:
- Established experience in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or equivalent)
- Chartered with a recognised institution (e.g., Engineers Ireland)
- Good organisational skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, design teams, clients, and contractors
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What will set you apart:
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience in preparing technical specifications and contract documents for water utility client projects in Ireland and the UK
- Knowledge and experience of various forms of contract used in the water sector (e.g., FIDIC, NEC, Government Forms of Contract)
- Project management and budget control experience
- Able to manage and successfully deliver multidisciplinary projects
- Working knowledge of software including AutoCAD, InfoWorks, ArcGIS, & Microsoft Project
- A working knowledge of water and wastewater treatment process design, geotechnical engineering, structural design and/or hydraulics
- Familiarity with local regulatory requirements and approval processes.
We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need. If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply.
Mott MacDonald's water team is enjoying an exciting period of growth, thanks to excellent technical performance, project wins and close client relationships. Our staff are working on a large and diverse portfolio of challenging, dynamic and high-profile water/wastewater projects for a range of clients in Ireland and the UK, including:
- Irish Water
- Northern Ireland Water
- Scottish Water
In addition, we are providing water services design support on large multidisciplinary projects such as the High Speed 2 (HS2) rail link in the UK.
Does this sound like the stimulating and exciting work you are looking for?